Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick for Spring 2013

Bobbi Brown's new Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks ($28) are a treat for women who love cream eye shadows. Since I'm a huge fan of cream shadows, I immediately purchased two when they appeared at the counters. Wouldn't you know, I chose the light, natural, subtle shades.

Effortless and high impact - that’s the essence of new Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick. This do-it-all formula glides on tug-free and can be used to shade, define, smoke
up, and highlight the eyes. In subtle to eye-popping shades that last for up to eight hours without creasing, flaking or fading.

“Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick is designed for the modern woman on the move. Just swipe it on and go - it’s that easy,” said Bobbi Brown. I think she was right.

The sticks are available in the eight shades shown below. Sorry the print is fuzzy. I enlarged the clip.

A unique blend of oils, waxes, and film formers gives this water-resistant formula excellent eight hour wear. Color-rich emollients provide intense pigment in one easy swipe without flaking or creasing. Supremely smooth, lightweight feel. Antioxidant vitamins C and E protect the delicate eye area, while skin conditioners help create a smooth, comfortable, and lightweight feel that is not oily or tacky.

All in all true. I selected Golden Pink (#4, shown at left above) and Sand Dune (#6, shown at right). I liked vanilla too. I know, I'm a wimp. I might have chosen Bark, but I wanted to play with the first two before I invested more money in them. Now, I am ready to expand my little collection.

I took swatch photos in full sun. I applied the shades directly from their tubes and did little blending beyond what was required to get even swatches. Golden Pink is swatched at the top of my arm, with Sand Dune below. Golden Pink offers a beautiful sheen to the lids in a peachy-pink color that anyone can wear. That's not all sunlight you see on my arm. Golden Pink is gorgeous.

I'm less taken with Sand Dune. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with it; it's just not my shade. Described as a medium beige tan, It's a little muddy on my cool, pale skin. It would be much nicer on someone with a warmer skin tone.

I love the way these apply and blend with ease. On me, they last all day without any creasing or fading away.

You can find the new Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks at Bobbi Brown's Web site or at any Bobbi Brown counter. Take a look and see what you think.

Photos at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Mara said...

Thank you so much for reviewing these! I was really looking forward to it, as I am a real fan of Bobbi Brown's cream shadow. Golden Pink looks beautiful on your skin, I'd love to get that one and Vanilla as well for a start ... and then I'll see about Bark!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mara,

I want Vanilla too. I might even spring for the green one. :)

Eileen said...

I bought this in Forest and adore it. Like the Laura Mercier stick shadows, you can also use these as liners. I use Bobbi's gel eyeliner brush and sweep it across Forest and then apply the color along the lashline and quickly blend the color slightly up into the golden shade from Turandot on my lid. It's a beautiful combination that lets me play with color without trying too hard. I also like the pencil format because the shadows don't dry out the way pot gels do. If you haven't used the pencil in awhile, just give it a good sharpening and it's as good as new.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

That reinforces my "I-wants" of Forest. It looks like my kind of color!

I am curious, though, about how you would sharpen one of these since it's not sharp. Brand new, it's fat and rounded, as shown in the photos.

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

With these pencils that aren't sharpener friendly, I rub the tip slanted across a piece of tissue to keep them clean and fresh. When I want a sharper line, I use a brush.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I bought "Shadow" last weekend when I was in Chicago and I LOVE it! I was a bit skeptical about how Bobbi would make her wonderful Long-Wear formula transfer over to a stick, but I should have known: It lasted all day on my somewhat oily lids and it blends like a dream. I think next up is "Violet Plum" for me to bring out the green in my hazel eyes.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I like the brush idea better. I probably will never use these as liners though. You and I both have a battalion of them. :)

Charlestongirl said...

That will look good, MamaVal. I must buy Forest. And bark.

Liz said...

I've been wanting to try these. Even the bolder colors look really wearable!

Makeup Remastered said...

Hello- would you say that these are as good as the iconic Laura Mercier version?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite eye shadow ever. It's my daily simple, quick eye make-up solution - It doesn't need sharpening for me. I apply on the lid - up to an including the bone above the crease, then I smudge a little on the outside half of the bottom and top lash line as a liner. I just have to add mascara. The color 'Shadow' is my go-to.