Monday, January 21, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge XXX Lip Plump

Rouge Bunny Rouge's new lip gloss, XXX Lip Plump ($30.43 at Zuneta), immediately volumizes the lips while enabling long-lasting beauty. The rich, shiny gloss encourages a slow and comfortable swell, defining while plumping and "bequeathing lips with the ability to store water, so a fabulous fullness is maintained over time."

Here's what Rouge Bunny Rouge has to say about this magical gloss.

The bees in the Enchanted Garden feed this to the Queen with great reverence. It's that precious! Their recipe inspired Rouge Bunny Rouge to create this richly shiny gloss, to plump up your lips to their juiciest fullness and cover them with a succulent shine. The triple-X secret formula contains Palmitoyl Oligopeptide which naturally volumizes, smoothes, and supercharges your lips by increasing your own natural collagen production. When we say swell, we mean s-w-e-l-l. 

Within just one week you'll have an unfair advantage, but your secret is safe with us. You'll have to be on the lookout though; cosmetic surgeons were never allowed into the Enchanted Garden, but they'll do anything to stop you using this! Although a treatment, we deliver this product in the gloss formula with micro-mica particles so you can wear it day and night. Palmitoyl Oligopeptide enhances the production of collagen and stimulates the growth of matrix and connective tissues in the lips, enabling them to become moisturized, soft, defined, and seductive. Cumulative use will boost results every day, and your lips will be visibly fuller within four weeks. Use it on its own or over your favorite lip color.

Rouge Bunny Rouge says the plant-derived active Volulip is as effective as the components in lip-swelling injections and produces a rich, prolonged, natural volume. Containing the plant portulaca "Kiss-Me-Quick" extract, blended with a natural Matrikine Modified Peptide Mimetic, Volulip stimulates the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, nature's sponge. By working to increase cellular energy anti-aging Signaline, a combination of jojoba wax and olive oil extract, counteracts age-related changes, while the antioxidant properties of vitamin E acetate help protect, soothe, and moisturize. Working together, film-forming agents, gelling oils, and emollients make the texture very soft and fluffy without feeling sticky and give a "Light Interference" effect. Paraben- and fragrance-free, this high-performance XXX Lip Plump also ensures lips look super-glossy and feel incredibly comfortable.

I was the seriously lucky recipient of Clover Royal Jelly, a medium milky pink-rosewood with cool undertones and a silver micro-shimmer. It's one of four available shades. It is absolutely stunning. It has real color (as you can see below) and looks superb on my lips without any lipstick beneath. Rouge Bunny Rouge sent it to me with my sample of Vespers. I wanted to jump for joy.

I took swatch photos in full sun. They don't begin to show how pretty on the lips Clover Royal Jelly appears.

The beautiful rose color with superior shine and teeny-tiny sparklies that I cannot feel on my lips, is stunning. It makes my eyes pop - always a good thing. My photos look like the color has a bit of coral in it. There is no coral in person. It's rose through and through.

If you are already a Rouge Bunny Rouge fan, you must try this new lip gloss/treatment hybrid. If you aren't acquainted with Rouge Bunny Rouge, this new XXX Lip Plump would be a great place to start. You can find Rouge Bunny Rouge online at Rouge Bunny Rouge, Zuneta, and Beautyhabit.

Photo at top courtesy of Rouge Bunny Rouge; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Eileen said...

That is such a pretty color--reason enough to buy it. I don't put a lot of stock in lip plumper claims because I find keeping my lips well moisturized accomplishes the same thing, but this is certainly a cheerful, colorful way of doing it. I'll have to visit RBR online and check out the colors.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I don't either, and I haven't used this one long enough to see an effect. I do think the color enhances my lips and makes them "appear" more plump.

LauraJ said...

Hi CG, this is beautiful! I have the other type of gloss that RBR makes and it's a tad tacky to me. How is the smooth vs sticky factor on this gem?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Laura,

It feels great to me.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Gorgeous color! I love the amount of pigment to that beautiful shade of rose. I am a BIG fan of this brand, and I can certainly see myself buying this color, thanks to your great review and swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

It is indeed gorgeous. I am thrilled to have it.