Saturday, January 19, 2013

Naomi Watts at the Sundance Festival

Although I was blown away by Naomi Watt's side-swept Golden Globes look, I have to admit that she looks really darn good with her hair in a more casual style. Celebrity hairstylist David Stanwell created Naomi Watts’ look using Leonor Greyl products for the premiere of “Two Mothers” at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.

For Sundance, David wanted to create a natural beach wave that looked effortless and simple because Naomi attended several functions throughout the day before the premiere. For her look throughout the day, David began by applying Leonor Greyl’s Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice throughout Naomi’s hair to create volume and texture. Then he blew out her hair with a round brush.

To create the effortless beach waves, he took a curling iron and began curling her hair section by section. “The best way to create natural beachy waves that last is to apply product for texture and hold, alternate the curl of each section of hair, and take different size sections when curling.” [Wish I had known that the last time I tried beach waves!] Lastly, David lightly misted her hair with the Leonor Greyl Lacque Souple so that it would have greater lasting power.

After a long day of hopping from venue to venue, David wanted to polish up Naomi’s hair for the premiere of “Two Mothers,” so he applied the Leonor Greyl Serum de Soie Sublimateur to her hair, which “reactivated the product to bring back a bit of that texture she had during the day. We wanted her hair to be more textured during the day and a little more relaxed at night … very Sundance.”

“The thing I love about this hairstyle is that it transitions beautifully throughout the day and can be paired with any outfit. Naomi was rocking some amazing jackets and paired them with high-tops for her premiere.”

I'll bet she looked gorgeous. Here are the Leonor Greyl products that I now think I must try. While my hair isn't as long, I would love to try a wavy look.


P.S. This feed went out today with Naomi named Amy. My typo. I had a brain failure. It was short.

Photos courtesy of Fournier PR + Consulting

8 comments:

Nemo said...

Er, I think you have her first name wrong in a couple of spots! You are talking about Naomi Watts, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

Oh, what's happened? Why would Naomi Watts change her name to Amy?!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Nemo and Nina. Fixed! That long nap today obviously fried my brain.

Nemo said...

Haha, dear lady. You are wonderful, delightful!

lovethescents said...

So much effort to look effortless! Well she looks gorgeous. I think you'd look stunning with waves too! And if you do them, don't forget to take pics :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

We all know how "effortless" really looks. LOL I looked that way today - my lazy day.

Eileen said...

Oh, gosh! I remember--I think it was last year--when you posted pictures of your hair after a stylist did those gorgeous tossled curls in the back and more softly around your face. Stunning, simply stunning. You should definitely give the tossled waves look a shot. I wish my hair would cooperate for something that carefree and sexy. Alas, my hair is stick straight and refuses to hold a curl.

Nemo said...

Cg, I think you'd look stunning with honey blonde hair, a darker blonde, with face-framing layers that could be swept behind your ears or left as bangs. Both a top colorist and stylist would point you in the right direction.