Monday, January 7, 2013

M·A·C Mineralize Eye Shadow from the Après Chic Collection

I light up when I see new mineralize products from M·A·C. The Après Chic Collection offered me a selection of five enticing shades of Mineralize Eye Shadow ($21). They were such a roll of the dice; I can't really tell from shopping online what shade they will be on the skin, but these two shades, Silver Birch on the left and Winter Pursuit on the right, won the coin toss.

These baked minerals refined into a powder formula provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. The colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. I can create a kapow eye with these shades - or one that's subtle and refined - giving me a choice for application and look.

Silver Birch is defined by M·A·C as a silver base with peach veining. Winter Pursuit is defined as a copper base with grey veining. What I received, particularly with Silver Birch, more than met my expectations. I like them so much I am featuring them only a week after receipt. Miraculously, they are from a M·A·C collection that has remained available more than four days.

I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply them heavily, and I took my swatch photos in full sunlight. I'm really disappointed that I could not capture the khaki that I can see in Silver Birch (at the top of my arm). It is drop-dead gorgeous.

The silver is a stunning shade. Not extra-shiny silver, it's a taupe-silver that shows me a touch of khaki in person. I think the copper is extremely pretty. You gals with blue or green eyes are going to love it.

Now that I've grown accustomed to "orange" shades on my eyelids, I have realized how flattering they can be. It took awhile, but I'm on board now.

I'd really like to see the rest of the shades in person. Who knows? I could buy another one. These two have delighted me. You can purchase them online or at any M·A·C counter or boutique. Just don't wait long.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and nice pictures! I wouldn't have gone for the purchase of these two Mac shades if not reading your review. Always love your reviews on different beauty products! I feel like whatever new or existing products I have in mind I can always find them here (should I say we have the same tastes or preference in colors?) Anyways, love your blog!

kellinicole86 said...

I always think the Mineralize Eyeshadows are so pretty but I never have any luck when I actually use them. Any tips on how you get them to work for your?

Lisa said...

Loved this post. Purchased silver birch immediately on line based on tour pics thanks!

BooBooNinja said...

Kellinicole, I don't have any Mineralized eyeshadows, but I've read they really come to life when used with a damp brush.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonoymous,

Thank you! I always like to see swatches before I order, but not always possible.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kellinicole,

I don't know exactly what you mean. Why don't they work for you?

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Lisa,

Please let me know if you see the khaki.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, BooBoo.

Biz Morris Haselwandter said...

Silver birch is stunning- wow! Your swatches are so helpful- I would have not thought it would look like that!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Biz Morris,

It is almost impossible to really know when you look at M·A·C swatches online. I take chances. This one paid off big time.

Running with Scissors said...

Loving the coppery one! Will keep my eyes peeled in Sydney for these beauties xxxx

Unknown said...

Both these shades are lovely! Will have to see how they look on my tan skin.

Gauri said...

Hmmm!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christy!

How much extra time does it usually take for M·A·C to hit your counters?

Charlestongirl said...

They should look great, Dollie! Especially the copper color.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gauri,

Is that hmmm good?