Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo

There they go again, making skin care that's amazingly great. Le Métier de Beauté's new Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo ($150) is magnificent. I can't wait for you to try it and send feedback. The mask was just added to Le Métier de Beauté's awesome skin care line.

I was pumped when I learned that Le Métier de Beauté was introducing an eye mask. I am a pushover for anything that will erase the subtle signs of aging that are creeping in around my eyes. This new Ultra Hydrating Eye Mask Duo instantly delivers superior hydration. Inside each disposable pack. there are two translucent eye masks that form a moisture-sealing bond with the skin, allowing intensely hydrating ingredients to permeate deep lines into the delicate eye area.

After 15 minutes, the soothing benefits are immediately visible. The cooling mask has recovered dehydrated cells and boosted the skin's ability to retain moisture (so it keeps working after removal). My skin feels refreshed and restored - perhaps like a time capsule took me traveling back in time by about five years. I was extremely impressed.

I purchased the eye mask the second it arrived at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie - about a week ago. It comes in a box of eight - a two month supply. Then Le Métier de Beauté sent me a single-use packet. Heck yes, I accepted it! This stuff is fabulous. I pride myself on being pretty smart.

Why is the Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo special? Let's start with the patented shape, which applies like a second-skin. It soothes and cools on contact. Because the masks are individually wrapped, Le Métier de Beauté suggests you can take them with you and use them on the commute to work. during flights, or post-workout. True, but I have to admit, I would feel particularly crazy wearing the mask in public. What if a police officer stopped me for some reason? I'm sure he's be thinking, "Oh oh, I've got a whacko." I really don't recommend the mask be worn in public - perhaps in-flight is OK because a lot of people apply skin-care treatments at altitude. The masks look like two, transparent plastic pads stuck to your face under the eyes. Not an invisible or normal look.

I have tested mine resting on the bed and sitting at my computer to write. It doesn't seem to matter how or when you use the mask. It works any way. There is no slippage if you are sitting up.

So let's talk about results. On one occasion, I wore the mask for the prescribed 15 minutes. On the second, for about 25. I was on a roll writing a blog feature when I neglected to remove it after 15 minutes. On both occasions, I easily removed the two under-eye pads and looked in the mirror in shock. All the little lines around my eyes were gone. Just gone. The skin was plumped - that has to be how the expression lines were eliminated. Janice at Neiman Marcus told me the results would last, and she was absolutely right. I used the mask in early evening yesterday, and this morning, my eyes look just as good as they did when I finished up with the treatment. That tells me the area was significantly hydrated.

The most surprising thing I saw, other than the magnificent moisturizing effects, is that the area under my eyes was radiant. I can't explain it, but I saw that my skin was glowing - smooth and radiant. I wasn't expecting that, so I was doubly pleased. At that point, I wanted to call the owners of Le Métier de Beauté and suggest they really need to supply over-eye masks as well. These little miracles shouldn't be confined to the under-eye area.

You can see in the photo above that they come in a little tray. The tray is contained in the black envelope, which I opened by cutting with scissors across the top (carefully). As Janice had suggested, I removed the tray carefully and pulled back the clear plastic covering that was protecting the mask duo. It was all very easy. I then applied the masks and checked the clock. No problems at all! Janice felt customers should be warned to do all that carefully, but unless you are a total ditz, you shouldn't have any trouble removing and using the masks. Lay the packet on a flat surface logo side up, then peel back the left corner and carefully remove the individual masks from their trays. They will have added serum around them. Try to transfer it with the moist masks. Don't waste any time applying them after you open the packet. You will see the first time that they are large and cover the cheekbones.

Here are some facts Le Métier de Beauté supplied.The skin under the eyes tens to be thinner than the rest of the facial skin, making hydration a crucial factor in protecting the delicate eye area. Regular hydration prevents dryness and flaking under the eyes. This in turn reduces the look of wrinkles, dark circles, crow's feet, puffiness, and other not-so-attractive issues. Hydration is the first step in preventing the look of aging under the eyes.

They say you can use the masks daily, but to do that, you would need to have a healthy wallet.  With eight packets in each box, each treatment will cost $18.75. I don't know about you, but I couldn't use them every day. Would I love to? Yes, definitely, but I think I'll see how long the results last (fortified by eye cream, of course), and judge from there. Le Métier de Beauté does recommend that you follow the mask treatment with Revive Eye Concentrate (or your favorite eye cream). When the two products are used in combination, the eye area will show the added hydration for an extended period of time.

You can place them in the refrigerator for added cooling, which can help reduce puffiness. Put them in about 20 minutes before use. You'll get that frozen peas effect. You know that trick, right? Put frozen baby peas in a plastic bag, cover your eyes with gauze, lie down with the peas over the gauze, sinking into the crevices around the eyes, and rest for 20 minutes with your head on a pillow. Any puffiness will be gone.

The formula of these new Ultra Hydration Eye Masks is seaweed-based. The ingredients include glycerin, algin, sodium hyaluronate, collagen, licorice root extract, citric acid, and other skin-friendly, hydrating ingredients.

Le Métier de Beauté has a little "game" set up. They want you to mention Best Things in Beauty when you go to the store - or call - to purchase the Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo. I'm really not sure why we are playing this game, but if you would please mention my blog - especially at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie when you call Michael or a member of the team - I'd be grateful. You can reach Michael at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236. Are we doing a study of the selling power of blogs? I suspect the answer is yes. I could have provided the answer with data, but, whatever.

You can purchase the Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. I do not know when the launch will extend to other stores that carry the line.

I do highly recommend these little wonders. They work - even better than I expected. I'm going to lunch with an old friend today, and I won't have to worry that I look two years older than when he saw me last. That makes me very happy.

Photos courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté

18 comments:

Evelyn said...

Sold! :) I've been a bit concerned about my under eyes lately so I have been looking for something to try. These look like they're right up my alley.

Eileen said...

The radiant glow is being caused by the licorice (glycyrrhiza glabra). It's a wonderful brightening ingredient and we can all do with a bit of brightening and lightening under the eyes--at least, I can! LOL Used once a week, this could be a good supplemental treatment provided the moisture level remains pumped up when used in conjunction with a good cream. The tissue thin skin around the eyes dries out and looks wrinkled so quickly :-( Since I don't want my under eye area to look like an old parchment manuscript, I'll have to go take a look at this new LMdB product. As for the patches being large enough to reach the cheekbones, that's great, because as we get older, those under eye wrinkles radiate out over the cheekbones when we smile.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

I think you will be very pleased.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

It might be, however it could be another ingredient as well. I have not had time to do my usual chemistry search, but I intend to.

Honestly, I have never seen licorice-based products work as fast or as well (on me).

Anyhow, love your old parchment manuscript analogy. :) Some days in winter, I feel like one of those.

Zeynep said...

I'm curious how these compare to Frownies....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Zeynep,

I have tried Frownies. They didn't do it for me. Compare the ingredients and you're likely to see why.

Jo said...

These look great! I'm going to give them a try.

Midwestern Mama said...

Thanks for posting! Do you use their eye cream? I need a new one!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Jo. You won't regret it!

Charlestongirl said...

Lizzy, I adore their eye cream. I've bought more of them than any other LMdB skin care item.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, these are pricy but if the results last for more than just a few days, I think they might be worth it. As a question, do you think the strips are age preventing at all? Or all they mostly corrective? Thanks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Any product that hydrates the skin very well is preventive as well as restorative.

Dlori said...

Can you use these pads indefinitely or are they a one time thing? I'd hate to spend $150 only to be able to use these eye masks just once. I'm sure they can be used more than once right?

Thanks

Bettina said...

they sound really intersting and I just put them on my "to check out/to buy list" for my trip over in March. Thanks for sharing CG. Will check the mask out and the eye cream too

Charlestongirl said...

Dlori, you get eight treatment for $150. They are not re-usable. They dry out and harden by the next day.

Charlestongirl said...

Bettina, if you want the area around your eyes to look fresh, they are wonderful.

Bettina said...

that's exactly what I need. A fresh look. skin that is more hydrated or at least will look less wrinkled as it is now. I can really tell it is dried out currently. I will for sure hit BG in NY and check them out and probably buy them too.

Charlestongirl said...

Bettina, ask for Glowy Joey Bunny! :)