Monday, January 28, 2013

Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander from the Arabesque Collection for Spring 2013

There are two new shades in Laura Mercier's popular Crème Cheek Colour included in the new Arabesque Collection: Oleander and Praline. I purchased both, but would like to focus on Oleander today. Laura Mercier's concise description goes straight to the point.

A long-lasting, natural cheek color formulated to provide translucent, buildable coverage for a soft, velvety finish

If you've tried Crème Cheek Colour, you might want to enhance that short marketing blurb, but it really says it all. Plus, the color depiction on Laura Mercier's Web site is spot on.

This beautiful shade made me think spring. I took swatch photos in full sun after applying it to my arm heavily with a sponge-tip applicator at the top of my arm and a larger sponge (lightly) below. Normally, one would apply this blush with a nice cream color brush. I didn't have one handy at the time.

What a beautiful shade! It's pink in a shade that should be almost universally wearable. It's hard for me to put descriptor to the shade. It's not baby pink. It's not rose pink. What color pink is it? Help me out.

What I can tell you is that it applies with a slight sheen - nothing unnatural looking - just a glow that will make you look dewy and moist (read young). Laura Mercier's cream blushes are a pleasure to apply because they blend with ease and look as transparent as you want. Just apply lightly, and if you feel you don't have enough color, layer another application over the mid-points of the first. You will look fresh and happy.

You can find Oleander at Laura Mercier's Web site with the rest of the Arabesque Collection. You can also find it at all Laura Mercier counters (and the online sites at retailers that carry the line) - in other words, it's easy to find right now.

Photo at top courtesy of Laura Mercier; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly gasped when I saw this! What a stunning color. I'm not even a huge fan of blushes but this is just gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Paintedlady,

Wait until you see it in person!

Anonymous said...

I am confused as I have owned these cheek colurs for years. What is new about them?

Leonie said...

I was going to say the same, I think I purchase oleander almost two years ago. I'm glad it's in the spotlight again though, it's such a gorgeous shade!

Brenda Penton said...

What a pretty shade!!

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, it's a clever marketing ploy used not only by LM, but also by other beauty companies. Call it new, and you will sell more.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Leonie, and I have Praline from years past - it's around here somewhere. :) Not nearly as pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

It is pretty, Brenda. I like the shade a lot.

Anonymous said...

I would describe it as a neon pink from the photo.

Running with Scissors said...

The only thing I have from Laura Mercier is the Caviar Eye Crayon in Amethyst which I j'adore!!!

This looks great too!

Ida said...

That is a beautiful warm pink and I need it!

beano54 said...

Wow another fab shade

Ellen said...

Its a warm pink, if I were a marketing person, I'd call it Ballet Pink to go along with the theme. Also, theatrical pink. That is what they call the warm pink shade that ballet dancer's tights are, at least in some lines.