Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chantecaille Luminous Gloss in Pink Melon and Framboise for Spring 2013

Chantecaille's Luminous Gloss ($34) is loved for its superior adherence, rich texture, and dramatic brilliance. Its innovative formula contains shiny polymers that create a fluid 3-D, glass-like effect. You may get up to six hours of wear from Luminous Gloss (I can't, but my lips absorb anything moist).

There are two new shades for spring: Pink Melon, shown above, and Framboise, shown below. Both of them are staggeringly beautiful - and right on trend for the coming spring's looks. What do you want to bet one goes with Angelina Jolie to the awards ceremonies this year?

I love them both. Pink Melon is a soft, sparking pink that is just colorful enough that I can wear it without lipstick underneath. It makes my blue eyes pop. Framboise is a gorgeous rose - a shade that always makes me feel glamorous.

I took photos in full sunlight, which always enhances the shine in a shiny lip product. These are shiny indoors too. Pink Melon is shown at the top of my arm, with Framboise below. Today, it feels like spring outside. If only we could continue winter this way.

Pink Melon is a warm pink, almost nude pink, shade. It may be a little too pastel to wear in January, but I'll turn to it when the tulips bloom. Framboise, "raspberry" in French, is an "any time of year" shade. No lipstick required. It imparts just enough color to my lips to brighten up my look.

When Chantecaille releases new glosses, I leap. I start singing "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story. Isn't that a wonderful feeling?

I purchased my new Luminous Glosses at the Chantecaille Web site, where ground shipping is free for all purchases.

Photos at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

lovethescents said...

I love the look of Framboise. So pretty!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

These look like they will go *perfectly* with the new lipsticks that you reviewed in the post before this one. I love these gorgeous, warm pinks for spring!!

Ginny said...

Thank you for the lovely swatches! I love them both but only ordered Framboise, as Pink Melon might look washed out on me. And I totally agree that the luminous gloss is just great!

bluematilda said...

charleston girl, i need to vent! remember when chantecaille had the 20% off a month ago? well i ordered some"back up" items as i had already purchased the holiday collection, well here it is a month later and i still haven't received my package! chantecaille.com was so unhelpful, first they said it was holiday delays, then they just said delays, through my own investigation i found that they mis-labeled my package with the wrong zip code, so they keep trying to deliver it to the wrong city! can you believe they still haven't tried to make it right? nor have they acknowledged any mistake on their part! anyhoo, i'll just have to shop at neiman's or nordstrom's to get my chantecaille fix...i'm just so bummed/annoyed and disappointed in their lack of customer service....thanks for listening!!! :0)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

I'm sure you would love Framboise.

Charlestongirl said...

They do, Becca. They are color coordinated.

Charlestongirl said...

Ginny, Pink Melon would depend on your skin color.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bluematilda,

I sent your comment to Chantecaille. Their customer service is normally superb. I'll see what kind of response I get.

bluematilda said...

thank you so much, i didn't expect you to do that, mostly i was venting to a fellow cosmetic junkie! but i really appreciate your effort, and am curious as to what they will say...

VancouverChic said...

Hi C-Girl,
Just ordered the framboise and the rose delice - too delicious to pass up! Will let you know how they look when I get them!!!!
Thanks for the great swatches.

Warm Regards,
Joanne
PS> Found a peach blush by Laura Mercier in the Second Skin Cheek Color - peach whishper. Will let you know if it works for rosacea cheeks.

Charlestongirl said...

Bluematilda,

They thanked me for bringing it to their attention. I'm sure it will get resolved.

bluematilda said...

thank you again so much, I'll let you know what comes of it! :)

Gail said...

I got these 2 glosses this week as well and they are just GORGEOUS, especially Framboise! I think all of the Luminous Gloss shades are beautiful. The only one I'm not head over heels in love with is Guava, and that may be because of my lip pigmentation.

Gail said...

Meant to ask...have you heard anything further on when we'll see the new gel liner pencil?