Friday, January 18, 2013

Estée Lauder Pure Color lluminating Powder Gelée Blush in Tease from the Pretty Naughty Collection for Spring 2013

It turns out Estée Lauder's Pure Color llluminating Powder Gelée Blush in Tease ($40) for Spring 2013 is an online exclusive. I received mine over a week ago and swooned. I have waited for sunshine to get swatch photos and that finally happened today. I'm as happy as a pup with two tails.

As fans of Estée Lauder's llluminating Powder Gelée products would expect, this blush - Tease - is a high-polish, luminous, and silky blush. The Tri-blend formula provides powder, gel, and liquid in one. Tease is said to offer a flush of soft, sexy color and an innocent glow.

 You can build the color to a high-sheen, daring highlight or use it sparely - demurely - for a stunning blush. The pink sing spring, and the shimmering finish whispers, "Look at me."

This gorgeous color, from the Pure Color Pretty Naughty Collection by Tom Pecheux, applies like a dream. You can use the applicator supplied (it's like a giant sponge applicator), or you can use a brush. For my swatch photos, I applied it with its own brush. I took my photos in full, glorious sunshine.

I love everything about this illuminating blush - the color, the finish, the look, the application - everything. It continues my passion for Estée Lauder's llluminating Powder Gelée product. They are as pretty as it gets.

While Tease is a spring color, I'm already wearing it. It's extraordinarily flattering. it's a warm pink with a sheen that's perfect Don't miss out on this limited edition, thinking it's going to magically appear at your favorite Estée Lauder counter. Apparently, that's not going to happen. I know some of you have been waiting to see swatch photos. Now that you have, order it online before it sells out. It will.

Photo at top courtesy of Estée Lauder; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

26 comments:

Tammie said...

Aaaa I am so confused, I want to order this but Christine from Temptalia told me on Twitter this AM that it's going to be at counters in Feb. Maybe I'll just order it online now to be safe!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tammie,

I don't now what to tell you. EL says it's an online exclusive. The shipping is free, so why not order?

It's possible they could send it to counters in a month, but why wouldn't the press release have said that?

Charlestongirl said...

Did you get it, Sonia? :)

Unknown said...

Hi !
I have swatched it yesterday and I fell in love with it instantly!
I found the shade to be more unique and complex than the other EL Gelees. I think it's going to be a total hit ! :)
Sonia

Anonymous said...

Argh, sorry, I mess with the comment :) didn't want my full name to appear but anyway...
I will get it on Monday (I forgot my vouchers so they kept it for me !!!)
Sonia

Tammie said...

Yeah, I am only concerned because if I don't like it I think you have to pay for return shipping and wait 7-10 days...but from what I have seen I feel like I will probably not regret it so I think I will just go ahead and order tonight from their website just to err on the side of caution.

Tammie said...

One more thing, are there any advantages of having applied to your face with the included applicator? I am intrigued by it haha

lovethescents said...

oh how gorgeous! I wonder why it's an online exclusive. Curious...

lovethescents said...

Hmmmm, when i go to the site to see if I can order, it states that it's $25. Something must be wrong? Anyone else notice that?

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents,

That is a mistake. My link says $40. Try to order it. If it comes up as $25, I'd jump on it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anne,

It is a brilliant shade.

Charlestongirl said...

Tammie, the included applicator actually works. You don't want to use your fingers, so if you don't have a cream shadow brush, the applicator works nicely to blend it.

lovethescents said...

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/10601/24704/Applications/Seasonal-Looks/Pretty-Naughty/face/Pure-Color/Illuminating-Powder-Gele-Blush/index.tmpl

That, right??

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, that link brings up a page that says $40 to me.

Beauty and the Scientist said...

This is such a gorgeous, gorgeous blush.

Charlestongirl said...

Totally agree, B&theScientist!

Bellyhead said...

CG,
Oh wow. That is mouthwatering. I think I am going to need this one. Thanks for the beautiful pictures!!

Eileen said...

Hi Tammie,

The US website says free returns so I'd go for it :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bellyhead!

Yes, it's that pretty. Maybe you can luck out like Lovethescents did and get it for $25! She saw one price, I saw the real one. Go figure.

Bonnie C. said...

The gelée items from EL sound so neat to me, I'm not able to get out into stores to test them out, but I am fascinated! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Bonnie,

This one is worth a "blind order." I guarantee it will brighten your day when it arrives in the mail.

ahhhsoNeo said...

This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it! I love estee lauder.

Beauty Traveller said...

The Modern Mercury took a year and half to come to India so I think this one would never come soon...yet keeping fingers crossed.

Allthingsglam said...

I have this one loved how different it is.the only thing I don't like is it has no staying power it only last about two hours on my skin.i thought about sending it back I just can't its that beautiful.do anybody have have ideas on how to make it last longer.