Friday, January 11, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté Indelible Inks Eyeliner - The Winged Eye has Taken Flight for Spring

Color packed lids are back with vengeance. Playful and modern, eye-popping peepers are just the beauty fix needed to go from a case of the winter blues to full on spring awakening. Painting runway favorites from Miu Miu and Dior and Donna Karen to Chanel, it’s safe to say the cat's eye is making a glamorous, color-filled comeback.

“The winged-eye has taken new flight for Spring!” says Mikey Castillo, Director of Color for Le Métier de Beauté. “Brilliant navy and amethyst hues give the classic cat eye a modern twist – worn with a nude lip, it’s the perfect springtime look.”

Just in time for the season, Le Métier de Beauté has introduced Indelible Inks Eyeliner ($28). Featuring two haute hues – Artemis, a cool, must-have almost midnight navy and a long-time favorite of mine and Castelia, a flirty deep purple – these eye-catchers are the ‘it’ shades of Spring. “Paint onto lids using the chic applicator brush for a playful hit of color,” says Mr. Castillo. “To crank up the drama, use Le Métier de Beauté’s Flat Liner."

Look at Artemis on my arm! I think it's the perfect blue.

Add even more glamour to your gaze and wing out in full color. Mikey suggests taking your colored eye look to the next level with a complementing shade of mascara. Feeling blue? “Artemis pairs beautifully with our Midnight Mascara,” says Mr. Castillo. Loving the purple trend? “Aubergine Mascara and Castelia Liner is a perfect match for lids!” A colorful stroke of genius, Indelible Inks Eyeliner will take any beauty look to new heights this spring.

Why is it so popular?
  • Highly pigmented color for long-lasting, intense lines
  • Fast-drying, no-budge waterproof formula that’s smear- and smudge-proof
  • Chic brush and ultra-fine tip for precise application of thick or really thin strokes - your choice
Several of you sharp-eyed makeup shoppers noticed it recently on Neiman Marcus's Web site. It will arrive at counters at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and select Saks and Nordstrom stores this month.

Photo courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a felt tip liner?

Gail said...

Do you have any tips for doing a slight wing on ahem..."mature" eyes? I just cant get it to look right.

Anonymous said...

I have the Artemis and although I love the colour, I find the brush applicator a little difficult to use. It's a bit goopy so I have to remove some product before application. Not easy!

lovethescents

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add that that Artemis was a gift with purchase that I got a couple of years ago.

lovethescents

Cat said...

Would you happen to know if this is limited edition for this spring or a permanent item? I've seen you ramble for years over this gorgeous eyeliner; it would be a shame if it's only limited edition.

Bettina said...

the mauve color looks nice. i really have to stop reading your blog CG. too many temptations ;)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kim,

No, it's a brush. What made you think that?

Charlestongirl said...

Gail, I really don't like winged liner on most women. I think it looks so fakey-fakey. However, Loyd Cassler gets the look without going outside of the outer eye line by starting thin in the corner and then about 3/4 of the way across, making the line thicker. It gives a winged look without being a wing. Give it a try for an evening event.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents, doll,

Goopy? Never! Do you wipe the brush on the side of the tube as you pull it out so that you aren't using fully saturated product? :)

Charlestongirl said...

Yep. It has always been a GWP.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cat,

There is no indication on the press release that it's limited, but I can ask when everyone returns to work next week.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bettina,

I'd like to see that shade, but it's not a natural for me - like Artemis is.

lovethescents said...

I do wipe but maybe not enough. It's not in the garbage can yet, I'll keep trying! :-D

Charlestongirl said...

Argh! Don't ever throw that out! It's worth its weight in gold. Tell me exactly how you are applying it. Feel free to e-mail. We must solve this.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure if it was the same tip as the precision liner which I love and wish it came in more shades.

Eileen said...

Hi Gail,

I'm piggy-backing on Charlestongirl's excellent response. Loyd's technique is spot on for a subtle uplift. If you are really intent upon winging your eyeliner beyond the corner of your eye, then fade the color out as you move past the corner. The idea is to make the wing look like the shadow cast by your lashes. I often do that and it is so much more flattering on "mature" eyes than a solid, graphic black line. I should mention that I have a large moveable lid area that is relatively smooth for a senior citizen ;-) and I don't have any crows feet. I also have long black eyelashes. Consequently, a soft wing still works well for me and MA's invariably add it to my "look". There are other women younger than I who, because of the condition of their eye area, couldn't do a wing at all. It really comes down to what you mean by "mature".

Charlestongirl said...

Got it, Kim. The counter here doesn't have it yet, but I am almost 100% certain it's the liquid with a brush.

Melanie said...

This is great! Have been wearing these shades of eyeliner instead of black for years now, but they can sometimes be less available in liquid/gel form. Could be a good introduction to the brand for me. Anyone know if Castelia leans toward red (I find BB's Violet Ink does this)?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Melanie,

I haven't seen it yet.

Melanie said...

So sorry -- had posted while my clan was yelling at me, so I did not read the entire post attentively enough (post-blizzard day here. Calgon, take me away!). Saw only after that it is still to be released. Look forward to any future info. Best!

Bettina said...

Castelia has a certain resemblence with one of the UD 24/7 e/l I once had. The latter I loved in terms of the color. I combined it with a drugstore e/s and the combo was just great. However I need to make sure there is no reddish touch to it. I will check it out once I will be in the US. The Artemis looks pretty. Personally I can't wear anything blue though :( what a pitty because I saw a few nice blueish tones over the past months.