Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Coming Attraction: Chantecaille Summer 2013 Collection

Chantecaille's new products for Summer 2013 have me all excited - about three months too early. Oh, how I'd love to have them and test them now!

We'll start with skin care, which reminds me that I must tell you very soon about a new skin-care product for spring. I'll try to do that after I get some lunch. For the summer products, I'll post the month of their availability at the end of each description below.

We'll be able to refresh and renew our skin like never before with the Bamboo and Hibiscus Exfoliating Cream ($85), an ultra-gentle, dual-action skin smoother. The physical action of the bamboo spheres polish and exfoliate the skin, while the plant enzymes in the cream reveal a brighter and younger looking complexion. Pores are minimized, fine lines are reduced, and skin texture and clarity are perfected - all
without any irritation or redness. I'm so there. We want nice, clear skin all the time, not just in the summer. April 2013

Let's talk color. Two new Cheek Crèmes ($25) will be introduced.  These blushes have a velvety soft cream texture that melts into the skin, transforming into a powder finish for natural glow-from-within look. They will be sold as refills, which is why you see the colors depicted separately from the color-ready compact above. Playful is a pink coral, and Dashing is a burnt rose. Both please! May 2013

Three 24 Hour Waterproof Liners ($26) offer a creamy texture that blends easily right after application, leaving eyes expertly defined and contoured for up to 24 hours – rain or shine. The shades will be Oolong, a burnished bronze; Orchid, a deep purple; and Ebony, an intense black. May 2013

Hold your breath, a new Lip Screen Tint SPF 15 ($36) will knock our socks off - mine at least. Lip Screen Tint SPF 15 will offer a hint of shine and a whisper of polished color in a sophisticated lip-pampering SPF treatment. The high-performance formula contains an ultra-healing botanical blend of rose and honey. Initially, it will be available in two shades: Ibiza, a muted pink; and Sardinia, a bright coral. May 2013

A Summer SPF Set ($165 value price) will combine everything a gal on the go will need into one sunny travel bag. May 2013
  • Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 (if you haven't tried this, you haven't lived)
  • Compact Soleil in St. Barth’s
  • Lip Screen Tint SPF 15 in Ibiza
  • Bamboo and Hibiscus Exfoliating Cream - 8ml
Chantecaille's upcoming Summer 2013 Collection made my heart fast-forward to April and May. I can't wait! When the products are introduced, it will be likely (in my experience) that you will see them first at Chantecaille's Web site, and they will filter into the stores with Chantecaille counters shortly after. Keep your eyes peeled at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale's, Barneys New York, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, SPACE.NK, and select Saks and Nordstrom locations.

Photos courtesy of Chantecaille

20 comments:

VancouverChic said...

oooooOOOOOOHHHHHHH gorgeous. This goes on the I want list of course!
Can't wait to see the swatches when the product is available.
Warm Regards,
Joanne

Ginny said...

Thanks for the preview on Chantecaille Summer Collection! Theses are indeed very nice products spanning from skincare to beauty! I am particularly intrigued by the Summer outdoor set which looks just lovely and packed with all the summer essentials! Can't wait!!!

Gail said...

Thanks for the preview. I am very interested in the new skincare item that's already on their web site - Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion. Hope that's the one you will be reviewing soon! It's paraben-free and sounds pretty interesting for calming skin. I'm curious about how much moisture it provides in addition to the calming. I'll have to see the full ingredient list before trying though as it's pricey and my skin reacts to so many things.

Gail

Mehvash said...

Dashing cheek creme looks gorgeous! Thanks for the preview.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I love cream cheek color on my dryer, aging skin. It always manages to last well and makes me glow. (seriously, I get compliments on my "glow" at age 52! I'll take it!)
And those lip color drew me in right away. Gotta have 'em!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne!

I agree. Gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Ginny,

That set looks amazing.

Charlestongirl said...

Gail, I plan to post on that emulsion, but not review it any time soon. I talked to someone from Chantecaille who told me it wasn't made for my mature skin.

If I can get a sample from the counter, I will try and review it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mehvash,

I love that color too.

Charlestongirl said...

Ditto, MamaVal!

Jo said...

Thanks for the preview CG! I'm so looking forward to the exfoliator and the lip screen!

Eileen said...

What a coincidence! I was just at the Chantecaille counter earlier today looking at the pictures in the product book. The visiting MA was very enthusiastic about the summer collection even though the counter hadn't received any of the spring items yet! She said she was really ready for summertime cheer. Her bias was easy to understand because she was a gorgeous, honey and caramel colored California girl :-) As for this California geezer, I'm looking forward to the cream blushes the most, particularly Playful. I love the soft, luminous glow that Chantecaille's cream blushes impart. I already have St. Barth's and think it is a lovely bronzer for those of us who are on the fair side. It has a bit of rose to it so it goes beautifully with spring's traditional pinks and pastels. On my skin, it actually works as a subtle contour. Hmmm. . . I should dig it out, dust it off, and put it to work again because I know that come summer, I'll prefer something warmer to go with our So Cal sunshine :-). I was also pleased that there will be more gel pencils--woo-hoo! They're really great and they seem to be sturdier than the Armani ones. The Armanis are gorgeous, but they do seem to require extra care.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo,

Stunning collection - Now I want to skip February through March. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Eileen,

They are not the gel pencils. Just regular waterproof.

When you look at the cheerful photos, it's hard to be anything but ready for summer. :)

Walls said...

VancouverChic took the 'ooooohs' right out of my mouth. I am liking the look of those SPF Lip Tints. Will have to hit up a counter for a look-see when the time comes. Thanks, CG1

LilyBiscuit said...

I'm going to try the lip tints. They look beautiful!

Eileen said...

Silly me :-). I guess because the MA and I were talking about Hematite, I erroneously assumed the new pencils were gel, too. Oh well, there is still plenty to look forward to. Chantecaille always has plenty to tickle my fancy.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Eileen. Premature enthusiasm.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, LilyBiscuit - both of them.

Charlestongirl said...

Walls, I will be trolling the Web site.