Thursday, January 17, 2013

Estée Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer Heavy Petals Collection for Spring 2013

Today, another gloomy day (it's supposed to rain and snow momentarily), I drove over to Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie hoping to see something new. I am so distressed by my inability to get swatch photos of all my new makeup, I had hoped to find something - anything - that might excite me. I did!

Estée Lauder has introduced a new collection of nail lacquers, Heavy Petals - one of the "cutest" names I've seen in awhile. It's perfect. There they were, pastel shades of nail lacquer, lined up like little soldiers. They were so cute, I wanted to hug them. Can you see it now? Suspicious blogger arrested for hugging the merchandise. "But officer, they were so absolutely cute, I wanted to give them some love!"

Heavy Petals ($20 each) is a limited-edition collection of shades that accentuate the nails with a trendy touch of pop and fantasy. Another fabulous collection from Tom Pecheux, who has revitalized Estée Lauder to make it a must-see and must-have collection each season, Heavy Petals was inspired by his love of the palette of pastels that fills the city of Paris in the spring. Has he ever been to Washington, DC? We have our own share of pastel treasures each April.

This spring, nails will be immersed in a world of ethereal, dream-like hues that capture the spirit and romance of Paris in full bloom - introducing the new Pure Color Nail Lacquer Heavy Petals Collection. This limited-edition nail collection by Estée Lauder and Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux is a profusion of pastels inspired by the playful mood and kaleidoscope of color that emerges from the city of Paris as it blossoms to life in spring.

“In nails, there is a lot of fantasy and color, and nothing is more rich in color and sensation than Paris in spring,” stated Tom Pecheux. “For this collection, I thought of amazing bouquets from the flower markets, the pretty pastels of children’s carousels, and the pops of color from macaroons.” Bursting with energy and vibrancy, Heavy Petals is a fanciful palette of fresh shades that expresses the beauty of the spring
season. This whimsical collection makes a modern statement for nails that conveys both femininity and style.


Here are the shades, from left to right: Narcissist, Dilettante, Absinthe, Coral Cult, and Lilac Leather. Your eyes are fine. I had to manipulate the size of the photo a little bit to show color swatches that were large enough. When I did that, I got the blurring that makes these shades jump. I think it's fitting since they will jump right into your shopping cart when you see them. Need a does of spring? One of the Heavy Petals should help.

The Heavy Petals Collection will be available for a limited time at Estée Lauder counters at the Estée Lauder Web site. If you need a dose of cheer, like I did today, pop into a store to have a look-see.

Photos courtesy of Estée Lauder

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely, last weekend I bought Dilettante and Lilac Leather. I can't wait to wear them. Hope I can resist the other colors. :)

Charlestongirl said...

They are extremely eye-catching, Anon. I love the two you bought.

lovethescents said...

The Spring collection has not arrived here yet, for EL, but what a lovely palette! I look forward to having a look. Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

These are Easter colors - with a dash of pop. Really eye-catching.