Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Vespers Eau de Parfum

About a month ago, I wrote about Rouge Bunny Rouge's stunning new fragrance collection comprised of three fragrances. I had purchased two - Chatoyant and Lilt, unseen, unsniffed, and on faith - knowing that everything Rouge Bunny Rouge introduces is as perfect as it gets. I was rewarded with two must-have fragrances.

I am now in the market for the third, Vespers Eau de Parfum ($129). As a lucky recipient of a sample from Rouge Bunny Rouge, I am wearing it now and wondering how if I could live without it. Nope! I applied it the moment it arrived at my house, and I've worn it continuously since. It makes me feel feminine and sophisticated.

As you know, all Rouge Bunny Rouge creations come with a magical story that helps us visualize the fantasy that was transformed into a Rouge Bunny Rouge treasure. Here is the Vespers story.

Succumb to diaphanous wisps of scent that swathe the skin and tease the senses with a confident allure. Carved in the coiled tendrils of sweet woods is a perfumed invitation to graciously descend through a canopy of billowing blossoms.

In the heart of the floral crescendo is an otherworldly splendor. Sublime rose, glittering muguet, and the auroral delights of violet shine with a light so radiant they forgo the gentle caress of shadow. Yet black pepper’s cool corridors awash with the scent of freshly crushed leaves, cinnamon, and apple provide an unexpected solace from the dazzling display. This uplifting and refreshing mix drifting through warm, transparent layers of vanilla imparts the cozy feeling of returning home with every waft of mellow richness.

With an invisible clasp around each fragile and nostalgic flower, blonde woods and precious musk begin an enduring embrace that ensures a lasting beauty to this supremely feminine and carelessly elegant elixir.


Vespers Eau de Parfum opens with notes of bergamot, cinnamon bark, violet leaves, and black pepper. The top notes entice the nose with a fresh green scent with a touch of spice. The hear of green apple, muguet, rose, and violet embrace traditional feminine ideals with that tarte green apple that reminds us of an English garden. The heart notes are extremely long-lasting, allowing the fantasy of the fragrance to endure. At dry-down, cedarwood, musk, sandalwood, and a touch of vanilla preserve the memory of the trip to the Enchanted Garden. I continue to langourously roll in violets long after the top and middle notes have faded.

The sillage (how well the fragrance leaps off your skin so that others may enjoy it) is excellent, and Vespers has great longevity - about eight hours.

Now, let me jump back to the collection. I'd like to share with you some lovely information Rouge Bunny Rouge shared with me. Rouge Bunny Rouge Founder and Creative Director, Alexandra De Montfort ensures that every Rouge Bunny Rouge product is innovative, inspiring, and delivers on the promise to enhance your natural beauty. She is dedicated to merging craftsmanship with technical prowess and aesthetic vision. For her first fragrance collection, it was paramount that the brand’s scented signature captured the poetry of the Enchanted Garden with its underlying wistfulness and musing nostalgia for times passed. Just like the eponymous makeup and skin care, the new fragrances are imbued with intrigue, mystery, and the ability to transform the wearer into whoever they want to be. [Magical!]

For Alexandra, the products and their stories are inextricably linked. Each starts life as a plethora of divergent ideas inspired by the world as seen through her unique viewpoint; then as if touched by an act of alchemy, all are transformed into something unexpected and pure. Through these gathering impressions in her mind, the fragrances took form, eagerly waiting to be cast into reality. To help actualize her vision she selected three perfumers, all masters of their craft and with the perfect sensibility. In extremely close collaboration, the fragrance architectures were invited into the world of Rouge Bunny Rouge and shown the blueprints of her scents. Multitudes of submissions later, Alexandra realized her aromatic visions, creating the perfume Lilt with Shyamala Maisondieu of Givaudan, Vespers with Sonia Constant of Givaudan, and Chatoyant with Francis Deleamont of Firmenich - all are well-known fragrance houses. The three fragrances, as if plucked straight from the Enchanted Garden, are all suffused with the Rouge Bunny Rouge philosophy to bring a more vibrant, magical way of living into being on today's world.

From the moment you receive a Rouge Bunny Rouge fragrance, a sensuous beguilement begins. The pristine white, textured box, as if fashioned from stiff, silk brocade and bespeckled with finespun, botanical illustration, promises a hidden treasure. On opening an elegant perfume flacon with a transparent, embossed flower, indicative of the fragrance within and set against pretty, sandbrushed, satin-matte glass, appeals with an irresistible allure. A silver neckband and smart metal cap that feels heavy and luxurious in the hand, provides the final, refined statement. The overall effect is stunning, like holding a precious, faceted jewel to the light. Then, when the first delightful spritz of perfume melds with the warmth of the body, an array of carefully crafted, precious ingredients develop slowly over time; telling their story on the skin chapter by chapter, continuing the lasting seduction.

If you purchase one of the three fragrances directly from Rouge Bunny Rouge, you will receive a complimentary Perfume Purse Spray. The Rouge Bunny Rouge fragrances - Lilt, Chatoyant, and Vespers - are also available at Beautyhabit and Zuneta.

Photos courtesy of Rouge Bunny Rouge

13 comments:

Mary Ann said...

May have to treat myself to one of these, they sound wonderful. I enjoy your articles on fragrance.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann,

Thanks! I love all three of these, so select the one that revs you. You can purchase a sample pack if you can't decide.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You had me worried for a second, CG. In Wisconsin, "sillage" looks an awful lot like "silage" which is what you feed the cows...(you can take the girl out of Wisconsin, but you can't take Wisconsin out of the girl!)

Gauri said...

I'd ♥ to try a sample.

angusmum1 said...

I NEVER purchase fragrance without first smelling it and usually insist on trying it on my skin 2-3 times before I commit and your description has me actualy considering the possibility. I dont mean the product blurb, your passion. I likely wouldnt go quite that far but the ladies where I buy fragrances know I will try it and request several samples if they are tiny so I canwear for three days, they also know if I like it I wil buy it, the same with some other products as well. Usually there isnt a problem as they know I do buy although they are sometimes not sent many also some staff are of the opinion that you are begging or something. I had one person say to me "well there are people who live off samples". I advised her I was not one of those persons but that I could purchase elsewhere. The cosmetics manager overheard the lady and I was given an actual gift even though I clearly stated it wasnt necessary. Yes I browse, also purchase

angusmum1 said...

Sorry, rant, wonderful enticing you should receive the third for free given the blog has evoked much interest, I suspect from many!

lovethescents said...

I wonder if RBR will have samples available? Must investigate...

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal,

That's a hoot.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gauri,

You can purchase samples to see if you like them - and which to buy.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi angusmum1,

I received a sample of Vespers. Now I must buy a bottle. I love it!

I do buy blind, and because I know my fave notes so well, I am happy 90% of the time.

The SAs are right. There are a lot of people who live off samples (including bloggers), but that's no reason to not give them to legit customers.

Andrea said...

Do you know where I may purchase a sample in the USA? I do occasionally blind buy, but not in the over $100.00 range... I would love to sample these and possibly purchase Chatoyant or Vespers. I went to their website, but I think shipping was $20 in Euros, which is too much for a sample...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Andrea,

Beautyhabit has a sampling program, but it's hard to find. Call them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for tracking down the information about the noses and artistic direction. I had been searching for this since the fragrances were first announced, and you are the only one to have reported it. It made a difference to me in deciding to purchase one of the fragrances. I chose Lilt and I am in love with it. It's absolutely unique and, like you said, one that you can't help but keep sniffing as it evolves on your skin. Thanks again! ~ Heather