Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dior Cherie Bow Blush from the Chérie Bow Collection for Spring 2013

The House of Dior's iconic symbol, the bow, adds a twist to this spring's look, which exudes femininity. Dior's Chérie Bow Blush ($43) will adorn your cheeks with fresh pink color and light! Dior is introducing this as its first blush that plays on color intensity and a variety of finishes to create a natural, healthy glow with a subtle sparkle.

The shaded color in the compact caught my eye. Now that I've used it, I can give it an unqualified recommendation. It's a stunning pink shade for spring. I thought the palette was "young," but no one's too old for this young, fresh color.

To swatch it, I applied a very heavy dose at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator. I used a kabuki brush to apply the swatch below. Thinking back, I may have applied the top swatch only from the left side of the palette. The larger swatch was applied from all of its sections. My photos were taken in full, mid-day sun.

Chérie Bow Blush is very pink. There are no nuances; there are no leanings toward other various hues - peach, brown, silver. It's pink with a capital "P." It's also sheer (as blush really should be. It will be hard to overdo. I had to apply it very heavily at the top of my arm to show you the color.

It also offers a very tiny amount of sparkle. Not enough to call it sparkly, but I saw it on my arm. You now how light can catch one sparkle on your cheek from a sparkling powder or even fallout from a sparkly eye shadow? Someone will ask you if you ran through a festive glitter parade? The sparkle in Chérie Bow won't cause that. It's too finely milled. It will only lighten up your face.

The color is beautiful on me. I can wear pink. Anyone who can should give Dior's Chérie Bow Blush a look-see. I think it's beautiful. I purchased mine in store at Nordstrom. It's available online too. I saw the spring collection at Macy's, so I'm sure it's everywhere by now. However, I read on a blog that there are pieces that will not be available at Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

3 comments:

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

It's very very pretty and very fresh, indeed but I'm not sure I'll be going for this one. I tend not to get as excited for pure pink blushes--I am very partial to peach tones or dustier shades. But maybe I should be trying to broaden my horizons...:P

Virginie said...

Arghhh, I love this collection! from beginning to the nd!! I put everything in my cart, but it totals for a loooot of money!!! But I have to, I cannot pass on a pink!! Just love pink!!! Do you happened to have Rose Initiale from Chanel?? If so, how do you compare them??
Anyway, that will not prevent me from buying this one, ahhhh...Why make up is so expensive, not fair...

Evelyn said...

I gave this a swatch at my local store and I think it's pretty but it takes a bit to get it to show up on my skin. I'm light but I guess not pale enough! lol