Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds are Singing... Long-lasting Eye Shadow in Olive Violetear

I needed a Rouge Bunny Rouge fix, so I went shopping at Beautyhabit and came up with Long-lasting Eye Shadow in Olive Violetear. I love every variation of green, and decided a smoky olive with a satin finish would be perfect for winter. Even better, I found that I could purchase a refill for $19, as opposed to the $27 I would spend for the compact. I was thrilled with the packaging of the refill. How often can one say that?

Clearly, the refills are offered to insert into the empty palettes for sale, but they are, in my opinion a great way to try colors without the expense of purchasing the compacts (as I do with Clé de Peau). A flip-top protector is packaged in a darling little Rouge Bunny Rouge-printed envelope that's too nice to discard. Like everything else Rouge Bunny Rouge does, this is classy. Not only that, there is a wonderful story that accompanies the Long-lasting Eye Shadows.

The firefly festival is eagerly awaited all year in the Enchanted Garden. For then on this very special day, the best voices of the bird world feed on these tiny fireworks that embellish their voices and then gather to perform a single concert together. Their jubilant musical notes are inscribed in a syrup of figs and milk and preserved in tiny pots to be enjoyed the year round.

Like this golden froth of musical syrup, "When Birds are Singing..." Eye Shadows are a time-defying exotic enigma. This is plumage to adorn you in shades as deliciously mellow as soft silence that flows, or as brilliantly potent as jeweled notes. So addictive are these morsels that you'll be causing your own kaleidoscopic ripples every time you wear them.

Discover a new powder eye shadow with an astonishing lightweight, creamy touch and unprecedented adherence. This formula creates pure dynamic iridescence while it maintains second skin effect. It offers extended eight-hour wear that will stay perfect and look freshly applied all day. Orange-derived flavonoid improves blood microcirculation, enhances luminosity, and serves as a free radical scavenger.


Let's get right to the color of Olive Violetear. I took photos in full sun, applying the shadow with a sponge-tipped applicator. I can see the olive (or khaki) in this taupe-olive shade. I hope you can too. I think it's drop-dead gorgeous - an olive that looks natural and offers life without shimmer.

Olive Violetear is a perfect shade for day or night. Apply it lightly for day or layer the color at night. I think you will be very pleased. Try pairing it with a base shades of from all spectrums, and it will take on those magical qualities you can only find in the Enchanted Garden. Glorious!

I purchased my Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds are Singing... Long-lasting Eye Shadow in Olive Violetear at Beaituhabit. It is available to international purchasers at Zuneta. Or find a store locator at Rouge Bunny Rouge.

All photos except the refill packaging (courtesy of Beautyhabit) by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color
I love the category of birds for this line
It's so special
If you live near DC you might want to check out the national geographic museum exhibit on birds of paradise
If not you can see some of the pictures on the Cornell Lab of Ornithology web site
Nature does it best and this eyeshadow does a great job
Carol

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

*sigh* RBR is just one of those brands where I crave absolutely EVERYTHING they make! This really is a "lively" khaki, as you put it--incredible as it's a matte, but very true!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I could swear that I see a hint- just a hint, mind you-of shimmer. Not quite shimmer, but a "glow." It is beautiful, and one of those colors I've had on my "wish list" on beautyhabit.com. Now, I'm going to have to make it a purchase! Esp. now that I know the inserts are wonderful! Thx!

BooBooNinja said...

Ahhh... a new RBR eyeshadow!
Thanks for sharing! I hope to try their products one day soon. I’ve only read rave reviews of RBR products.

grlnxdor said...

That is a gorgeous color! I've really been into olives, khakis and greys lately. And I really like the idea of the refill package. It's done up right and more affordable that way.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I'll bet that's gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Becca. I want everything!

Charlestongirl said...

Yeah, MamaVal, it doesn't shimmer, but it's incredibly lively. I'm so glad I ordered it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi BooBoo,

Rave reviews for rave-worthy products. :)

Charlestongirl said...

So true, grlnxdor,

Not sure I'll buy anything but refills going forward.

Evelyn said...

If you look really closely and I'm talking REALLY closely, there is some microshimmer, a bit golden I think. However, it does not look shimmery at all on the lid, it looks like a more lively matte as opposed to a flat color which is very nice.

I'd just like to note that I'm blind as a bat and I wear glasses so when I apply makeup I am that close to the mirror to notice these things. lol Yeah, I know, get contacts or lasik!

Makeup Remastered said...

Hi CG
I loe RBR shadows- my wish for 2013 is that they bring our more colours!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful tip on the refills. Finally you're trying to save us money for a change! Hahah!! It really is a gorgeous colour. I bet it looks so beautiful on you.

lovethescents

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

Although I scrub between swatch photos, I think that shimmer you see may be a vestige of another swatch.

What I see on my lids is a sheen at best.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeup Remastered! Your wish has been granted. New shades on the way.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Lovethescents,

I'm thinking it would be fun to have a whole stack of refills. Wouldn't take up much space!

lola seicento said...

I have absolutely no idea why I still haven't purchased this stunningly gorgeous shade! It will definitely be in my next RBR order. BTW, I keep forgetting to tell you that I have already reviewed most of the vbeauté line, and have been quite please with the entire line! Have a lovely weekend! Thanks again for the lovely review and gorgeous swatches!

plegalmom said...

Just ordered this fabulous shadow and the sea of tranquility highlighting liquid mentioned the other day. I had not heard of this brand, but it looks great. Your blog is getting me into trouble AGAIN :)