Monday, January 21, 2013

Bobbi Brown Pink and Red Collection Sheer Lip Gloss for Spring 2013

Bobbi Brown's Pink and Red Collection introduced one new Sheer Lip Gloss ($23), Cherry, and another that's a limited-edition, Pretty in Pink. I purchased both, but wasn't able to get swatch photos for you until this past weekend.

The Sheer Lip Gloss formula is super-sheer and wearable. The translucent finish makes bold color easily wearable and is designed to enhance the lips. Wear it on its own for sheer color or swipe it on top of lipstick for extra shine.

In my photo, above, Pretty in Pink is shown on the left, with Cherry on the right. Both are extremely sheer on the lips. My watch photos were taken in full sunshine.

As you can see, Pretty in Pink is beyond pale. It has a little bit of pink color, but it's not unique - within the Bobbi Brown line or compared to the pastel pinks offered by other brands.  Cherry does offer some color, but it's not red. Not even close. In fact, some of the reds of the Pink and Red Collection are actually pink, which I find a bit strange.

In the collection, there is a red nail polish and a red Creamy Matte Lip Color. The other "reds" are pink. So when you go for that mismatched pink and red look, make sure to wear real reds.

You can find these Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Glosses at Bobbi Brown's Web site and all Bobbi Brown retailers.

Photos at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Beauty Traveller said...

Lovely glosses...Sheer and pretty...I think Pink is back for Spring...with added touch of berries..

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Neeraj,

Most definitely! EVERY shade of pink. :)

AllisonReeceArt said...

They are lovely at first, but once I tried them on... they are too light on my lips and I'm a brunette. I was hoping for a little more color pigmentation. Extremely sheer, perhaps great for a blonde and very fair skinned person.

Charlestongirl said...

Agree, Alison,

They are very light on my lips, and I am blonde and fair. Just too sheer for my tastes.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I must admit, I'm baffled as to why Bobbi Brown would formulate these colors to be so sheer, esp. when more highly pigmented, matte formulations are coming into vogue. I'm continuing to love the larger sized tubes and the (FINALLY!) remade applicator! (oh, and CG, you finally got me to purchase a Chantecaille Lip Chic (Tea Rose...I love it! I think the Shark Palette is going to be next after I get over the sticker shock!)

Bellyhead said...

All the things I loved about BB seems to be a thing of the past, which makes me very sad.

I'd love to see BB's version of pinks done in her best polished and sophisticated way. Going to say, these sheers are not doing it for me. :( I got a case of the Tuesday morning grumps.