Thursday, January 10, 2013

Coming Soon: Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Spring 2013 Pop Collection

“This Spring I love the mix of vivid shades with nudes. Women are traditionally drawn to color, but afraid of it. This way they can play and customize to their own desires. At the Giorgio Armani Spring/Summer 2013 show. I used the soft grey tone to create a muted graphic shape, then a thick liner was drawn with Swimming Pool Turquoise blue, and then blended with the taupe. That gave a soft pop of glamorous, sensual color. Any woman can wear it," said Linda Cantello, International Makeup Artist for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics and creator of the spring collection.

Two new, limited-edition Face & Eye Palettes ($88) for face and eyes will be available soon in a glossy white, double-tiered case to slip into your handbag for makeup that's always fresh and simply perfect. On the top tier, Sheer Blush adds a feminine glow. Micro-fil technology  was used to create a velvety matte finish. On the second tier, three shimmery satin eye shadows offer you choices for blending and layering with intense colors.

The Coral Bliss Palette offers Sheer Blush in Coral and eye shades of Open, Shimmer Greige, and Swimming Pool Turquoise. The Rose Bliss Palette (sorry, I don't have a photo yet) offers a Sheer Blush in Rose and Iced Pearl, Flesh, and Hibiscus for the eyes.

There will be two new, limited-edition  Rouge d'Armani Sheers ($32): Beige Rose (#101) and Beige (#100). They will make your lips luminous, sheer, and naturally enticing. The light and creamy formula features a shine moisture polymer on the surface of the lips for up to eight hours, while the translucent base keeps the colors true. The modern, sophisticated lipsticks are presented in sleek black-lacquered cases.

Spring will bring three new shades of Face Fabric ($49). Pale porcelain (#0.5) will offer seamless, semi-matte finish to the ultra-fair. Two medium nudes will also join the line-up, #3.5 and #4.5.

Additionally, two limited-edition shades of Blushing Fabric are being introduced. The second-skin blush will provide vibrant shades for spring. High Density Orange (#8) and Fuchsia (#9) will create a pop of color that transforms into a soft flush when it makes contact with the skin.

The Spring 2013 Pop Collection will be available this month at Giorgio Armani's Web site and at Armani counters at fine department stores.

Photos courtesy of Giorgio Armani Cosmetics

16 comments:

Lulle said...

This is so refreshing! I love when brands surprise me, and Giorgio Armani most definitely does with this spring, white version of their famous palette.
I'm not sure about this kind of blue, so I'll be waiting for swatches and/or pictures of the other palette impatiently.

Mary Ann said...

I love the white compacts! Can't wait to see the rest.

Eileen said...

Shades of coral and aqua--intense like Lancôme or soft like Armani--seem to b de rigueur this spring. I've seen a couple of pictures of eye looks that Cantello created using this particular palette, and I actually think it is something that I could make work for me :-) I'm really looking forward to swatching this one. That turquoise, a bit more intense along the lashes and then blended into the greige on the lids would be stunning. I don't think we need to revisit turquoise lids of the seventies! As for that lovely coral blush, I can hear my heart going pitter-pat :-)

Jo said...

So pretty! I can't wait to see your swatches and to play with them in store.

Makeup Remastered said...

Hello
I love the look of the palettes but the two "nude"shades in each palete seem a bit pasty- I did however see the another promo pic for the blue palette with the blue intense at the lash line then graduated up with the other colours - Gorgeous!

lovethescents said...

I really like this combo. It's fresh and lively. I look forward to seeing more promo pics of what the MUAs are doing with these colours. It's very exciting!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lulle,

I was very surprised when I got the photos over a month ago. I wasn't allowed to share them until January. It's January now, so...

I'm sure this palette and the other will suit me fine. Armani powders are so fine, they apply like sheer fabrics.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann,

It should be this month.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I see myself wearing that turquoise as a subtle wash from lashes to crease.

Isn't that a gorgeous shade of coral?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo,

I'm going to confirm that it's still January. The reps knew nothing, but I'll ask the regional.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeup Remastered,

I think these palettes will win us on application.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

It's a bit of a departure for Armani. Can't wait.

angusmum1 said...

I love this palette. It reminds me quite a lot of a palette I bought from Summer 2010 Lise Watier(Montreal Company). I petty much "used it up" which doesnt happen too often. Seeing the Dior and Chanel I have been debating, but this just reached out and grabbed me! I have Dior from last spring gorgeous pastels but honestly they are so lovely bit not the easiest to put together a look, not overly experiencd with eye makeup. I love this site you are a wealth of info, so glad I found you , now idf I could just find an easier way to purchase ...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi angusmum1,

I didn't purchase that pink and green Dior 5-Couleurs palette from last spring. It was way too artsy for me.

I swear I should start a personal shopper service. I wonder if people would pay for my time to go, buy, and ship. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, colours not typical of armani. I believe Bobbi Brown said she does not believe anyone should use a blue eyeshadow...

beano54 said...

ooh love the colour of this great compact really liking coral colours now