Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Laura Mercier Arabesque Collection for Spring 2013

Laura Mercier was inspired by the "spirit of light and movement to create a color palette that is soft, ethereal, and beautiful." I swear the makeup gods got together for spring and decided we would have pink or pastel eyes, with pink lips and cheeks. The Arabesque Collection, though, is soft, not bold or intense as some of the others.

The Free Spirit Baked Eye Powder Palette ($48) in shades as soft as a gentle breeze. Apply them dry for a pastel look, or dampen your eye shadow brush for a little oomph.

The Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander ($24) caught my eye instantly. I want it! The cheek color is available in two new shades, this one, Oleander, and Praline, which I'll bet is equally gorgeous, particularly for those with warm-toned skin. Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colours provide a long-lasting, natural cheek color formulated to provide translucent, buildable coverage for a soft, velvety finish. They are spectacular.

The new Crème Smooth Lip Colour ($26) in Arabesque looks like a gorgeous light, slightly warm pink nude. It sings on the model for the collection. Said to have a semi-lustrous finish, the cushiony, lightweight texture "feels comfortable, while pure olive oil and vitamin E nourish the lips.

There are two new Lip Stains ($20) in the Arabesque Collection: Shy Pink and Mulberry. Shy Pink is soft and delicate, while Mulberry is a red-plum-brown hybrid. Laura Mercier's Lip Stains provide the visual effect of a stain with the comfort and sheen of a lip gloss, the latter making them extremely attractive. The long-term color with a satin, balmy finish leaves the look of effortless polish and understated sophistication.

A new Lip Glacé in Bare Pink will top your lipstick with the lightest of pinks. The brilliant shine should please everyone. This is a time-tested lip gloss formula with legions of fans.

There's more: a limited-edition En Pointe Nail Lacquer, two new Eye Pencils in Stone Grey (what else for spring?) and Midnight Bleu (can I live without Midnight Bleu?). I have no idea how I'm going to be able to afford all the pretty new colors for spring. If you could only purchase two items from this collection, what would you buy?

You can see the whole Arabesque Collection for spring at Laura Mercier's Web site. I absolutely must get to a counter later today. The mall is very close to the dealership where my car is having its 15,000 mile service today. Perhaps I can take a side trip on the way to get it.

Photos courtesy of Laura Mercier

24 comments:

solanace said...

crème smooth lip colour and stone gray eye pencil. That was an easy one!

Lucy said...

Cheek color in Oleander!

Eileen said...

Unfortunately, this collection doesn't suit my coloring, but if it did, I'd get Oleander and Stone Grey. I actually already have Midnight Bleu (it's a repromote) and it looks lovely worked into the lashes and lightly smudged.

Ginny said...

Cheek color in Oleander is the only thing I got from this collection. Beautiful beautiful pink color!

bisbee said...

I'm pretty sure the Lip Stain in Mulberry is also a older color - I think I have it. I also remember that I wasn't impressed with the product!

Annick said...

I always kind of wondered why the balm stains were overlooked. I have Mulberry and think it's a very beautiful shade - I'd suggest a lip balm if you have very dry lips, but the matte finish is also pretty on its own.

Anonymous said...

This is off-topic but I am wondering if you've heard anything about Tom Ford having a Spring collection? I want a number of items from other lines but don't want to buy too much and then see something else I want. Any word on this? Thanks!

Nemo said...

Just received my Bobbi Brown Pink et Red, and I love it! So happy, and boy do I need happy.

Anonymous said...

I bought the lipstick, lipgloss, and eyeshadow. They are so gorgeous!!! I thought I would just stick with dior's spring collection, but I couldn't resist. These two collections are all my favorite colors....hello spring :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Solance,

That lip color is very tempting.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Lucy!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, it drives me crazy when companies pass off new items that are really re-promotes.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ginny,

Glad to hear from someone who has it that it's pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee,

I shy away from Lip Stains. That one didn't tempt me. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Annick,

That's my problem. Most of them are too drying for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I asked at the Tom Ford counter. There will be one, it could be a month and a half.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

I am very happy with mine!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

We will all be wearing "spring" colors next week. :)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I agree--Oleander is just gorgeous and I NEED it in my collection! I haven't tried any of LM's cream cheek colors yet, so that will be my excuse for buying it :P

Oh and also, Shy Pink isn't a new shade--I bought my first Shy Pink several years ago and have another now. It's a gorgeous shade that really fits this collection though, so I can see why they did it! It's so flattering and wearable and goes with anything! I love it! :D

Eileen said...

Hi Anon,

I'm also eagerly looking forward to seeing what TF brings us. I watched the video of his spring/summer collection 2013 and was taken with the retro look of the models. All the slightly mussed beehives, full brows, bold sweeps of black liner, and nude lips reminded me of the early sixties--think Holly Golightly returning from a night on the town. It's very sophisticated and sexily disheveled. It will be interesting to see if his runway connects with his makeup collection or if he'll be coming up with something quite different. TF so carefully guards his images, we probably won't be seeing anything until close to the release date.

Evelyn said...

Such a bright for spring collection but I'm pretty sure it will not work on me, I don't favor pastel colors even in my clothing. Maybe it's the name but Oleander at least has my attention so maybe I'll check that out. :)

lovethescents said...

Another drool-worthy collection. WANT the whole thing! HOW will I resist?

Anonymous said...

Wowee. Colours for the terminally pale among us! Since two-thirds of all makeup colours wash me right out, the LM Spring collection is jumping to the top of my list. Yum!

moushka

Anonymous said...

does anybody knows who is the model on this photo? thanx