Thursday, August 11, 2011

80 Acres Blood Orange Hand & Body Lotion

Almost a year ago, Beautyhabit introduced me to 80 Acres, a small line of skin- and body-care products enriched with McEvoy Ranch estate-produced pure, organic olive oil. 80 Acres takes its name from the plot of land where the ranch first planted Tuscan olive seedlings. The scents in the products reflect the rolling hills and fragrant gardens on the property. Once you learn the line, you'll want to go there.

Just in case you aren't a "foodie," McEvoy Ranch makes some of the best olive oils on earth. They are certified organic - not simply great, but award-winning. I go out of my way to have one of their fabulous olive oils on hand at all times. You should see the huge jug in my kitchen!

Blood Orange Hand & Body Lotion ($25) is made with refreshing citrus essential oils and hints of neroli, vetiver, and jasmine. It evokes the citrus groves and wild jasmine that grow on the McEnvoy Ranch. Emollient and healing, this ultra-rich lotion is a blend of olive, sunflower, jojoba, and grapeseed oils infused with aloe vera, chamomile, and lavender. 80 Acres Hand & Body Lotion is rich in antioxidants and deeply hydrating. The fragrance is divine.

Like the idea, but don't need hand and body lotion? The scent is also available in bath salts, hand and body wash, olive oil soap, and olive oil body balm. The latter may be my next purchase.

I haven't been on McEvoy's Web site for a long time because I had found a local source for their olive oils. You can order the skin and body care at the McEvoy Web site and pick up some olive oil at the same time, or place an order with Beautyhabit (where I bought mine).

Photo courtesy of Beautyhabit

4 comments:

Eileen said...

I've been to the ranch. It's out here in California as the citrus and olive oil themed products suggest. Like so many of the wineries, they welcome tourists and are warm, hospitable, and informative. And be sure to bring a reusable bag or two for all the goodies you'll want to purchase--edible and for beauty :-). Sampling the wares and picking up unique products is the fun of it.

California is a great and diverse agricultural state. Entire vacations or simple weekend outings can be planned around visiting some of the local farms, ranches, and vineyards. And the various festivals are a blast! Gilroy Garlic Festival anyone? LOL

Charlestongirl said...

I'm envious, Eileen. Visiting would be high on my list for my next trip to California. However, I don't think you'll find me at the garlic festival. :)

How 'bout that? A foodie who doesn't worship at the altar of garlic. I'm an onion kind of gal.

Liz said...

Oh, this sounds glorious. I've never heard of this brand but your post has me intrigued...I can almost smell it's goodness ;-) xoLiz

Charlestongirl said...

Liz, I like everything I've ever bought from the 80 acres line!