Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Givenchy Le Prisme Blush Glow in #41 Lune Rosée for Fall 2011

Here's some color for gals who need help with that blushing beauty look! Givenchy's linited-edition Le Prisme Blush Glow ($44) for Fall 2011 was created by Nicolas Degennes to provide a one-shot "glow" to complete the Fall Collection's lunar look.

The shades in #41 Lune Rosée look tropical to me with tangerine, bright pink, rosy mauve pink, and soft poppy pink in the palette. The four domes in four different colors allow you to create a custom look or just blend with wild abandon. The compact, like many Givenchy compacts, has two levels - one for color and another for a fairly decent blush brush. The innovative "clasp and slide system" allows you to simultaneously access the powder, brush, and mirror. The shades coordinate well with the rest of the face collection for fall. I'll show you one of the eye shadow palettes later today.

The powder in the Prisme Blush is atomized to create particles that all have the same shape and size and that are smaller than those found in any traditional blush. This creates an extremely homogenous, light texture, resulting in an incredibly silky finish. The colors stay vibrant throughout the day.

You could select the colors you want to mingle with this palette, but I usually go for it, blending all four shades. It's easier. This blush yields one of the prettiest pinks I've seen lately. It's a complex shade - not pure pink, but not overly warm or cool. I think it's drop-dead gorgeous.

I know I won't do justice to it with my photos, but I want you to see it applied heavily two ways: with a sponge-tipped applicator and with a dense brush. In both swatches, I blended all four shades on the applicator to apply to my arm. My photos were taken in full morning sunshine. The first time I applied the blush to my face, I had one of those "yippee" moments. Can you see how pretty it is? It does shimmer, but the sunshine added just a touch of extra shimmer to my arm.

I adore this blush! I realize I'm gushing. It's just so pretty. Naturally, you will apply it to your face, as I did, with a lighter hand. Wait until you see it. You will glow.

If you choose, you can apply a single shade (a little tougher than blending) or pick up only two of the shades, swiping either horizontally or vertically with your brush. Don't use the blush brush that comes in the compact unless you intend to blend all four shades; it's too wide.

The powder does have a fragrance, as all Givenchy makeup does. This one is light, fortunately, and it dissipates relatively quickly (not right away). I would prefer an unscented blush, but to wear this shade, I'll put up with Givenchy's mistaken notion that we want our makeup to smell perfumed.

Sephora is the exclusive retailer for Givenchy in the United States. Since this is a limited edition, order now to ensure you get one. It has my seal of approval. It's love!

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

My Beauty Quebec said...

I think this is a beautiful product. The 4 different shades allow lots of possibilities, a nice way to play with makeup. I need a "yippee" effect too!

Charlestongirl said...

My My Beauty!

You can make all kinds of shades with it. I'm so happy with the four blended, I haven't even tried the various combos yet.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the lovely write-up! Just ordered it sight unseen based on your amazing review!

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, I hope you love it as much as I do. The color is simply stunning.

Lisa said...

I absolutely love this blush! Many thanks for the heads up!

Charlestongirl said...

I'm so glad you like it, Lisa! I'm still loving the gorgeous color for summer.

Anonymous said...

This product looks amazing. I saw it in InStyle magazine September issue. I tried to purchase it yesterday but unable to find it anywhere? Any ideas or suggestions?