Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quick Peek: Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs from Mirror Mirror Collection for Fall 2011

While the lips may be the focus of Guerlain's Fall 2011 Mirror Mirror Collection Look shown above, the eye palettes were the attraction for me. I'll be back later with more photos and descriptions, but I thought I'd show you two of my gorgeous new palettes.

Les Verts (03) offers a blend of green and brown tones that are perfect when pared. Les Gris (05) is more dramatic. Three greys, all in different tones, are offset by a base that looks pink in photos, but is really a pink-toned taupe on my skin. Many of the new palettes are deceiving in the pan. They translate into more beautiful shades on the skin.

I did get swatch photos to show you, but I'm not pleased with them. I'm going to try again later today. I will tempt you with just a few photos now.

Les Verts is shown on my arm at left. I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply all the shadows, and I swatched clockwise, starting with the shade at the left of the palette. Les Gris is shown on my arm below right.

The palettes have a plain gold face, etched with "Guerlain." They are not the lacy, silver palettes that are works of art from former collections. As you might expect, they feel luxurious in the hand due to their weight.

I purchased my pieces from the collection at Neiman Marcus. I'll be back later...

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Shannon (Lipstick Musings) said...

I love all of these, but I'm going to NEED that lipstick! And the shadows have me swooning, based on your swatches. So I guess I need those, too.

Geez, this is how I get myself into trouble!

Charlestongirl said...

Shannon,

There are so many color families in the new palettes, you are bound to find one you can't live with out. Just surrender. :)

joyl said...

love vert, definitely my color family. How does the consistency compare to last year's palettes? I really wanted one of the Rue de ... palettes if only for the gorgeous case, but heard the product was rather chalky and/or insubstantial (not buildable).

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joyl,

I don't find the shadows chalky at all. They have a nice, rich texture, almost like a creamy powder. I think they are gorgeous. Go to a store if you can and try. That's the best way to assess them.

The silver cases have been extraordinary, but don't buy for the case. Buy for what's inside unless you have a sparse vanity and want to use the palette as a "prop." :)