Friday, August 19, 2011

This Week's New Temptations

Despite my resolution to buy less and save more - fearing that a double-dip recession has started - I read blogs. When I do, I develop the I-wants faster than Charlie can break through a screened porch panel. I did some Web browsing this week and started a new wish list. Actually, in one case, I bought already. Here's what tempted me.

Fab over Forty "sold me" at least two of the new Dior Smoky 3 Couleur Eyeshadows. Look at her photo above, published with her feature, which includes all the trio names. I pre-ordered two. These will be a huge hit.

The Non-Blonde purchased the one Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Clouds Highlighting Liquid I don't have. As a result, I've started my next Zuneta shopping list.

A photo The Beauty Look Book posted in a feature about Chanel's Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Taupe left me lusting for Dior's Aztec Chocolate Nail Polish.

First The Non-Blonde tempted me to order Rachel Zoe's Exude Lipstick. BeautyXposé did it again. Stop, my friends! I'm already lusting over her new clothing line at Neiman Marcus.

I ordered the new Fresh Passion Sugar Lip Treatment the minute Product Girl told us it was available at Sephora. I've been waiting.

Eyeliner on a Cat published a fabulous interview with perfumer Mandy Aftel of Aftelier Perfumes. I'm reading Mandy's book, and I loved seeing her cat Stan. Now I have to purchase some of her fragrance.

The Olfactorist featured three rose fragrances I haven't tried. I'm in trouble. I think I've spent more on fragrance in the last month than I spent on makeup. You know that's significant!

When I went to Saks Fifth Avenue at Chevy Chase today, I cut through the handbag department to get to Chanel. I stopped and drooled over a Gucci Bordeaux handbag. Somehow, I've got to find something similar at a lower price. I haven't been able to get that bag out of my mind. That means more shopping. More shopping means more spending. It may be time for an intervention.

Photo courtesy of Fab over Forty

14 comments:

MickiD said...

Happy Friday! Curious - do you do different things with each of your RBR Highlighting liquids? Do you get different looks with each shade?

polarbelle said...

Doll, I think it's only fair since you post so many temptations to me. If it makes you feel better at all, they've tempted me with those things too. :)))

Nemo said...

Dearest Charleston girl: If we have learned anything in the last few years, it is that life is just too short and unpredictable. So enjoy it with the things that give you joy, because that's what gives you the energy to live life and to be the lovely person you are. P.S. What color is Stan?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MickiD!

Wear the highlighting liquids as Gaia suggested. However, the three darker ones can be used as highlighters (no mixing) on the cheekbones or high points of the face, and they are also good bronzers when mixed with my moisturizer (or alone). You do get different looks with each shade, except that two of my shades are very similar. You probably don't "need" both.

I would definitely use Gaia's white-toned shade a little differently from the others. These fabulous little potions remind me of Armani's world-famous Fluid Sheers. I use them the same way...

1. As highlighters
2. Mixed with moisturizer
3. Mixed with foundation
4. Under foundation
4. Any way the mood strikes me

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Polarbelle..."misery loves company."

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Nemo! Click on the link and take a look at Sam in Carrie's post!

lovethescents said...

I can help you with the Loukhoum Poudre...I'll send you a sample :-) Money saved

Walls said...

You are hilarious, Charlestongirl! Your posts make me smile. Wish I could give you some pointers on self-restraint, but I just got home from shopping the counters at Neiman Marcus and Nordie's... the blind leading the blind...

Viking Beauty said...

At least you don't work somewhere in which you would come into direct contact with these glorious items. It is such an exercise in self-control.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Walls!

You and I should probably go shopping together! I can get a lot of pleasure through vicarious shopping. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Noel,

I would spend my whole salary at work. It would net zero. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Lovethescents!

Carrie Meredith said...

I appreciate the link to my interview with Mandy Aftel- thank you so much! <3

Charlestongirl said...

You're welcome, Carrie! It was a great read. Loved it, along with Stan.