Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chantecaille Lip Chic in Calla Lily and Violetta for Fall 2011

Chantecaille's Lip Chic ($32) shades for fall are now available online at Chantecaille's Web site, and they arrived at my local Neiman Marcus store this weekend. One of my favorite lipstick formulas, Lip Chic offers the perfect combination of lipstick and lip gloss in one tube (meaning one simple application). Lip Chic offers a high, glossy shine and brilliant finish in a light texture for a pretty lips while you're wearing it. It also sports collagen, hyaluronic acid, and tripeptide-29, which will condition and gently plump your lips.

Last week, I was able to give you a sneak peek at Chantecaille's color collection for Fall 2011. Today, I can show you the Calla Lily and Violetta Lip Chics. I'm very excited to have them - and excited to be able to share the photos with you. The tube of Calla Lily is shown at right. The tube of Violetta is shown at left. Both shades look deceivingly dark in the tubes, but they are perfect shades on the lips (in my opinion). They will light up your face.

I took a lot of swatch photos to show you the shades at various angles to the sun. I put three in this feature, hoping to show you how pretty these lip colors are.

Calla Lily is shown at the top of my arm with Violetta below in all photos. You'll see that they are very different, giving you two distinct looks for fall. Calla Lily is a warm rose-pink with a tiny hint of brown. Violetta is fuchsia or raspberry to my eye. On my lips, it's about as dark a shade as I like to wear. It's extremely flattering, pulling out the blue in my eyes. You be the judge by the swatches.

You can see how beautifully sheer these Lip Chics are. For me, that translates into lip perfection. Both offer a gleam and subtle shine - not shimmery, simply stunning. They feel fabulously creamy on the lips, and the color is long-lasting for a sheer lipstick.

I can already envision Calla Lily and Violetta with the New Classic Palette for eyes and cheeks, another fall wonder we expect to see soon. Can't wait!

For now, you can find these new Lip Chic shades, along with all the other beauties, at this Chantecaille link. If they arrived at my local Neiman Marcus counter, they are bound to be at your favorite counter soon.

Even though the fall promotional photo showed them at $34, I paid $32 at Neiman Marcus, and that's the price at the Chantecaille Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh my!!! these look so beautiful. Thanks for always having the latest and greatest - and so fast too!

Joey said...

Violetta is making me wonder if I should finally give in and try a Lip Chic.

Tracy said...

Violetta looks gorgeous!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Sabrina!

They really are gorgeous. And yes, I'm probably a pain in the tush haunting the stores by phone every day. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Joey, my goodness, gal! Yes, try Lip Chic! It's a stunning lipstick. I was wearing Violetta earlier today, and I kept looking in the mirror. I must love it, with that kind of draw.

Charlestongirl said...

Is it, Tracy. Now, think about how exquisite it's going to look with the new palette? On my, little flutters...

Joey said...

CG, I really wasn't kidding when I told you before that I was pretty much a total newbie to Chantecaille. Before Sel, I had just one lipstick - which I have never used (it's one of my makeup museum items).

=)

Lucy said...

Definitely love both of these shades! Thanks for getting them up so quickly.

Charlestongirl said...

Joey, since you are in New York, call the counter and get over there one day when one of their special artists is doing makeovers. They do such "naturally beautiful" makeup.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lucy!

This is a collection I couldn't wait to see! It seems like everything Chantecaille introduces is perfect for me.

Joey said...

I will do just that! Thanks for the suggestion =)

Eileen said...

I notice that Neiman's on-line already has many of the items for Chantecaille's Fall 2011 showing as on back order. That was fast! Like you, I better start pestering the stores. I really like the Lip Chic formula. Sari Rose was one of my summer favorites. I bought it at the same time that I purchased my other pieces from the St Barths collection and nave must about worn it down to a nubbin.

Eileen said...

Whoa! Look at all those typos! Sorry about that. This is one of those arthritis days :-(

Joey, give Lip Chic a try. It's by far Chantecaille's best lip formula.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, Kathy can get you free shipping. E-mail me if you want her to send you a new Lip Chic. I'm sure she would be honored. :)

lovethescents said...

Friends have been talking about Lip Chic. It's on my NYC wishlist for this week. Both colours are gorgeous on you. Can't wait to try them!

Charlestongirl said...

It's exciting, Lovethescents, that you'll get to check out all the Chantecaille colors in NY!

Elizabeth said...

I have to agree with all the love for Violetta, it's beautiful. I recently swore I wouldn't pay $32 for this formula (the price did go up, right??) and now I might have to eat my words. Thanks for a great review!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! I think $32 is right in line with other luxury brands. Think of it this way: It's way less than Tom Ford's $50!