Saturday, August 27, 2011

New: Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color

Shiseido introduced new Shimmering Cream Eye Colors ($25) this month, and they are luscious. The lightweight cream eye shadows have a radiant, lustrous finish that will maintain a just-applied, fresh look for 16 hours without smudging or creasing. They apply easily with your fingertip or a cream shadow brush (or concealer brush) for a smooth, even finish. You can wear the shades separately or blend them to create a custom look.

The formula adds a luxurious bonus to the color. Shiseido's Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE hydrates the lids. The shadows contain a jewel-reflecting powder that emits an intense radiance to morph to your surroundings. A patent-pending emulsification technology allows excess oil and water to be removed after application, leaving behind only the hydrating and jewel-reflecting powder on the lids. That's how the shadows stay crease-free for the duration. They apply like a dream come true.

The 12 shades range from the vibrant Purple Dawn, shown on the model above, to a discreet Sable. I purchased two shades to start my collection. I love cream shadows, so I was on the lookout for the new shades. Actually, I had seen them at Nordstrom, but it was during the crazy Anniversary Sale days, so I skipped out of there quickly. The shadows are now available online at Sephora. That's where I bought mine.

The two shades I purchased are shown above: Meadow (BE204), a gorgeous antique gold - and Patina (GR707), a silvery khaki or olive green. I adore them both!

I took a few swatch photos in full sun. You can see that these shadows are shimmering beauties. Yes, the sun makes them look especially sparkly, but you can always count on Shiseido for totally wearable makeup. On my lids, they are magnificent. For these photos, I applied the shadows with a cream eye shadow brush.

You can see that Meadow is a gorgeous, shimmering gold. I love gold shadows on my lids, and Meadow is going to replace a very old one (another brand) that has finally given up the ghost. Patina is an interesting, muted green with a silver shimmer. It's beyond flattering. It brings out the green in my eyes, which is fun.

I think the pots are really well-designed. Instead of being perfectly round, they have a contour that allows for an easy grasp and turn (as you can see in Shiseido's photo of Meadow above).

I am a huge Shiseido devotee, and I'm passionate about cream eye shadows. I am totally delighted with my new Shimmering Cream Eye Colors. Now I have Techno Gold and Sable on my must-have list. Perhaps I'll even buy Leather. I need to see that one in person, but I could order the other two from the online photos. I know I'll love them.

You can find Shiseido's gorgeous new Shimmering Cream Eye Colors at Shiseido's Web site (click on the little circle and a fabulous photo will display), Sephora online, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Macy's. Go look at them!

Photos at top courtesy of Shiseido; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

lovethescents said...

I purchased my first Shiseido palette this past spring....Tropicallia. It's very vibrant, beautiful and loud :-) I haven't seen their cream shadows before but you make them sound so tempting. I particularly like that you say they last 16 hours. My BB cream shadow starts to melt/crease after about 8 hours, which I thought was quite good. This, however, is spectacular! Thank you for the review :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lovethescents.

I like BB's too, but agree they fade, crease sooner than Shiseido's. Dior used to make one that was fabulous. It's history.

Unknown said...

I just saw these lovelies at Dillards today. Patina might even be nicer that Chanel Epatant because it seems to be more pigmented. Will have to try it directly on my eyes when I'm shopping alone.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ava!

I like Shiseido's more than the new Chanel shades. That's saying a lot!

Charlestongirl said...

BTW, Ava...where did you find a Dillards?

Unknown said...

Charlestongirl, I'm in Texas for Mom's 80th birthday. I was in DC for the earthquake (we thought the vibrations were explosions at first), but left for Texas before Irene arrived, and before the serious warnings began so didn't think to bring in my patio furniture. EEK! I think it will be OK. How are you doing?

Charlestongirl said...

Ahhh...got it, Ava!

Exhausted but fine here. It was too hard to sleep with Irene raging. She got worse after midnight, so I probably slept for three hours or so before I was awake for most of the night after.

Lots of damage in area. Your furniture might have blown off. Depends on how protected the patio is. Give a call to a neighbor to look if you can.

Bonnie C. said...

These are very pretty, thanks for the review. :-) That curved lid is a genius idea, almost like a cushion shape, I'm surprised that idea wasn't though of sooner. Very cool! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

It is surprising, Bonnie! Just shows how much thought Shiseido puts into its products.