Friday, August 5, 2011

Guerlain Mosaic Tan-Enhancing Bronzer for Face and Décolleté

I am such a pushover when it comes to pretty compacts! When I saw Guerlain's Mosaic Tan-Enhancing Bonzer ($69) while surfing Sephora, it went into my cart immediately. The limited-edition bronzer for face and body arrived a few days after I placed my order. It's HUGE.

This summer, Guerlain introduces an ultra-chic limited-edition essential accessory for your tan. The secret of its radiance? A mosaic of sun-kissed shades with ochre and gold tones to illuminate your look. Apply Terracotta Mosaic to the face, shoulders, neck, and décolleté to enhance any tan with a subtle shimmery effect.

What did I find the first time I applied it? You don't need to have a tan to achieve a flattering sun-kissed look. The many shades in the compact are captured in Sephora's photo (at top) better than mine (at right). With multiple shades of brown, threaded with gold, the mosaic shades blend on the skin to offer a pretty light tan shade that's buildable. Brush it on lightly, and you will glow. Apply it with a heavier hand, and you'll look like you spent your holiday at the beach.

Here are a couple of swatch photos, taken in sunshine. To ensure I got enough color for the photos, I used a sponge-tipped applicator and ran it across the shades in the compact, left to right, making sure to hit all the colors. There's a heavy swatch at the top of my arm and a lighter one below. When applied with a brush, the shade is even lighter, making it wearable by us pale-faces as well as gals with darker skin or those who have been working on a tan.

There is some shimmer in the color, but not the kind that will make you look unnatural or sparkly. It's a pretty sheen. There is also a fragrance in the powder. It's not overwhelming to my nose.

This was a good blind pick at Sephora. While the price seems steep, the compact is huge. I imagine it will last me almost five years! Mosaic Tan-Enhancing Bronzer is available online only at Sephora.

For those of you who are Sephora V.I.B.'s, V.I.B. weekend starts today. Use code VIBHATBOX at checkout, and you will receive an eight-piece deluxe sample set with any $35 purchase. Double points too. If you are a V.I.B., you should have received an in-store coupon in your e-mail.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

lovethescents said...

I tested this at the Spa de Guerlain 3 weeks ago. It was remarkably beautiful on the SA, but too sheer for me. Although I am *gasp* tanned at the moment. Might be nice during the pale, long winter.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Too pale? No wonder I find it perfect. LOL

Flyavsted said...

I have used this for a month or so, and I love it. The pattern is still there, so I imagine I will have it for a long time. Guerlain never fails me!

Charlestongirl said...

Glad to hear it, Flyavsted!

I could tell the colors would go to the bottom of the pan. There was no visible wear on their separation when I used it. Nice to have that verified! Thanks.

LuvJ said...

I just ordered this one as well unseen and unswatched, and I'm so glad to hear that it's an awesome bronzer..

Charlestongirl said...

Hope you like it as much as I do, LuvJ!

Mai said...

It's really pretty but a lil too shimmery for my taste..

DivaDebbi said...

Talk about "I wants"! This looks gorgeous. I did toss my Guerlain Bronzer this spring...one of the original shades. It really was just too orange on me. This on the other hand looks much more natural.
CG, everythime I visit you I go and spend $$$ but I have gotten some gorgeous finds from your finds!

Thanks...I think!

DD

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Debbi!

I'd love to be a personal shopper! I could spend other people's money - perfect! Is it fun?

Anyhow, this is not orange on me, and I can turn a bronzer orange in the blink of an eye. I won't say it leans pink, although I thought I detected an almost unmentionable pink glow to it. I love the color!

DivaDebbi said...

CG,
My job is a blast! I love my clients! Many have been with me for over 15 years. We are moving from their daughters Sweet 16s to their weddings! It never gets old, because fashion is always in flux. You'd be a natural!

xo
DD

Charlestongirl said...

Oh how I would love to do it, Debbi! I don't think I have the stamina anymore, though. All that running around on one good knee and one bad one might kill me. :)