Thursday, August 25, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum

Le Métier de Beauté's Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum ($95) "takes lash growth technology to new lengths" with the most effective delivery system available. It promises to deliver longer, stronger, fuller, and healthier lashes quickly. It can be used on top and bottom lashes, sparse brows, and when you are wearing faux lashes.

Le Métier de Beauté promises a long list of benefits, and I can verify many of them. I've been using Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum for about two months. I have to admit that I haven't used Peau Vierge every night. Sometimes, I forget it. I've still seen pleasing results.

Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum offers these benefits.
  • Thickens lash diameter
  • Boosts volume and length
  • Intensifies lash appearance
  • Moisturizes and conditions to prevent damage and thinning
  • Strengthens and protects against natural and environmental aggressors
  • No discoloration or irritation
Le Métier de Beauté's amazing and proprietary Syntoc Actif is a powerful form of vitamin E that increases the absorption of the active ingredients, guaranteeing that they will be delivered deep into the dermis and hair follicle. If you read my feature about the new Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Treatment Collection, you'll know that the patented delivery system, which took 12 years to develop, uniquely encapsulates ingredients to ensure that they penetrate the skin to encourage lash growth.

The active ingredients are all good. My experience with lash growth serums is that they must include peptides, and this one does. It also contains vitamins and proteins. It doesn't contain a prostaglandin, which can have nasty side effects.
  • Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 - five amino acids or protein builders that help strengthen lashes
  • Dimethyl Isosorbide - enables the product to penetrate the skin, promoting faster lash growth than normal
  • Panthenol - a non-irritating form of vitamin B to correct dryness and add moisture; it binds to the hair shaft readily and is a frequent ingredient of great shampoos and hair conditioners
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice - a natural conditioner and anti-irritant
To use Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum, cleanse your face and eye area, and when your skin is dry, apply a thin layer of the serum with the applicator brush at the base/root of your lashes (both upper and lower). You can apply the serum to thin spots on your eyebrows too. Use the serum every day for best results.

I am blessed with long lashes, so I might not have had as much room for improvement in length as others will have. Makeup artists often ask me what mascara I'm using. I'm not sure the mascara matters because my lashes are long.

I use lid scrubs every morning, and lid scrubs tend to shake loose your lashes more quickly - either that or you just see the lash loss on the scrub. Since I started using Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum, I have had much less daily lash loss than usual. As a result, my lashes are thicker (which is great). I mean that I have more of them, not that each lash has become thicker in diameter. I haven't been able to see that. Lashes are so thin that you might need a scientific way to measure the thickness of individual lashes. I don't have that capability. My lashes have never broken easily, so that benefit is also hard for me to evaluate. You really need to remove mascara before you go to bed! If you don't, your lashes will break. My lashes do seem to be easier to coat with mascara, which may mean they are more hydrated.

Le Métier de Beauté sent me my serum, and I'm delighted with it. I plan to keep using it. You can purchase yours from Le Métier de Beauté or at your favorite LMdB counter. Don't complain about your lashes - try this magic potion!

Photo courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try this on my brows!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy, it will work!

Unknown said...

Yes, Charlestongirl, you have the longest lashes I've ever seen on a woman! :) It's usually the guys that luck out. Anyway, though my lashes aren't particularly long, I'm more interested in using this serum for thin areas in my brows. I'd never thought about using a lash serum for that.

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, I do feel lucky!

I have used lash growth serums on thin brow spots, and they definitely filled in faster.

As I understand it, the hair follicle can go dormant, and the good serums kick-start the follicle into functioning again. If the follicle has actually died, you are out of luck.

Liz said...

After epic failure (epic b/c it was $125 and did nothing for me) with PV tinted treatment, I am afraid to try this one. from the same PV line. I am so tempted b/c I desperately want fuller, longer lashes.

Dlori said...

Hi Charleston Girlfriend. If you try this product and it doesn't work, will the store refund your money or at least give you a store credit? Just wondering because it they do, it might put some women at ease and you may have more women purchasing it knowing the company is virtually backing the veracity of their claims. Too many of us have already spent vast quantities of money on similar products only to be disappointed with the product as well as taking a huge financial hit. Psychologically, knowing we won't lose the money if the product fails, gives many of us the courage to invest in yet another similar product, which I think benefits both the company as well as the consumer. Thanks again for another fabulous review. Had my surgery yesterday and recuperating, which is not fun but at least it's over. Hope you don't get hit badly by the store. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your mother as always.

HUGS,
Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Liz and Dlori!

Maybe it's a little-known fact, but if you use it for a month and see no difference whatsoever, Neiman Marcus will take it back and refund your money.

Some see more of a difference from the best lash growth products than others. As I mentioned, my lashes aren't going to get longer. I look for subtle changes. Others see more dramatic results.

I don't think you should try to compare PV to this serum. They are totally different products that use the same delivery system for absorption.

I won't use Latisse because I will not take the risk of discoloration. So I've tried these OTC products and like several. It stands to reason...to me...that we need to condition our lashes, just as we condition or treat our faces and hair.

Remember, do not ever go to bed wearing mascara. Ever! I also read mascara ingredient lists (makeup dorks do that). :)

Charlestongirl said...

Dlori, give me a call from the big city over the weekend if our phones are working! Glad/hope your surgery went well!

I am dreading this hurricane. Too much drama lately. At least I got a good night's sleep. No earthquakes!

Gotta get some beer and cat food today so we all have the basic food groups here at my house. :)

kkc135 said...

Good Morning from Huntsville! You mentioned in your post that you use a lid scrub...might you share what this product is that you use? My lids can look a little scaly sometimes. Thanks! Stay safe and batted down the hatches as they say.....

Kim

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, kkc!

I have converted a lot of people to Lid Scrub! Here is my feature...

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2009/07/not-so-boring-eye-makeup-removers.html

These lid scrubs are the best lid exfoliators out there.

Thanks! Everyone is getting ready for Irene. Let's hope she doesn't bring destruction.

Unknown said...

Right now I'm trying this Xlash serum but if it dosn't work, i will try this one :) Nice to read!