Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Scarlatto Blushing Fabric from Jacquard Collection for Fall 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty has introduced two new Blushing Fabric ($38) shades with its new Jacquard Collection for Fall 2011. Don't be fooled by the dark tube of Scarlatto (#7), which gives you a clue to the color - but only a clue.

The color palette [of the Jacquard Collection] explores contrasts and the interplay of light and shade, creating a look that is both soft and intense. Satin half-tones, verging on pastel, aqua green, tobacco, and camel in desaturated shades, including scarlatto and deep violet. Silky glints on a floating haze of color.

That description of the collection is our second clue that the colors are divine on the face - so wearable, so elegant - the hallmark of Armani Beauty and fashion. I was able to show you a fuzzy photo of Camel and Scarlatto over the weekend. Now, I've got better pictures. I purchased Scarlatto (Camel will suit a different skin tone). I am totally smitten.

If you've never experienced the sheer nature of Armani's Face Fabric and Blushing Fabric, now would be a great time to get yourself over to an Armani counter. At Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria, they recently received new stock of some of the previously introduced shades (which are gorgeous), and the new shades arrived for purchase Monday. I had Scarlatto on my to-buy list.

When I went outside to take swatch photos, a little visitor landed on my hand. He distracted me immediately, so I decided to post his photo at the bottom of this feature. Something tells me that he and sumptuous fabrics might not be compatible, but that's another story. He stayed until I prompted him to land on a rose.

Scarlatto is sheer - beautifully sheer. I had to apply it fairly heavily with a sponge to show you the shade. You can start with a teeny tiny amount and build the color until your cheeks look exquisite. I made three swatches with a sponge, with the heaviest intensity at the top of my arm. You should use a synthetic brush to apply Blushing Fabric. A foundation brush or Armani's renowned Blender Brush ($48) would be perfect.

I hope you can see from the heaviest swatch at the top of my arm that the color is a warm rose. It's extremely close to the color I would blush naturally. Not too pink and not too brown, and it doesn't shimmer, it's literally perfect. Applied as a sheer veil of color, it's as pretty as it gets. I blush every time I apply it, and I've only had it in my house for two days!

What do you think? Is there a Blushing Fabric in your future? You can find the new Jacquard Collection at Neiman Marcus (linked above) or wherever you normally purchase Giorgio Armani Beauty. Scarlatto and Camel aren't available at Armani's Web site yet, but I'm sure they will be soon.

Now, for my little visitor...

Photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus and by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have and love Raspberry from the summer collection. I adore the formula! I completely ignored the fall BFs thinking they wouldn't suit me. Oh why oh why did you have to open my eyes to the truth?

Charlestongirl said...

That one made me LOL, Perilously Pale! Get to know Armani even better, and you will become the disciple I am. :)

Anonymous said...

I have never tried the Blushing Fabrics, but I think thats going to be rectified soon. I love how sheer and buildable it is!

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, I have purchased every shade I can wear since they were introduced. They are extremely addictive. :)

luv2smilexo said...

that looks lovely, although not sure I think scarlatto is a very fitting name for it. I have #2 on its way. Hopefully I love it as much as Armani's powder and cream blushes.

Charlestongirl said...

Agreed, Luv2smilexo! The name seems like a misfit, but then creative minds roam a lot more than mine.:)

Clarisse said...

You were right, Charletsongirl, as usual....this one is on my list now:-)