Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fresh Sugar Passion Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15

Fresh Sugar Passion Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 ($22.50) will look fabulous on all complexions, thanks to a well-balanced, warm-cool (neutral) pigment that compliments the natural shade of a woman's lip, no matter her skin tone. Sugar, a natural humectant, ensures long-lasting moisture, while hydrating meadowfoam and black currant seed oils condition the lips. The formula is also enriched with antioxidant-rich vitamins to defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals and provides year-round protection from damaging UV rays. This versatile treatment allows for buildable coverage to customize a sheer or rich hue and is the perfect partner to the best-selling clear Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15. The UVA and UVB protection is offered with avobenzone and octinoxate.

Red is the color of passion. No other lip color gives off such a powerful, feminine energy. Inspired by imagery from my favorite book growing up in the Ukraine, "Scarlet Sails" by Russian writer Alexander Grin, I pictured a silk scarlet fabric, light as a parachute, barely there but rich with color. - Alina Roytberg, Fresh Co-Founder

I'm sure you know that Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment comes in other shades - all of which I own and love. The most recent before Sugar Passion was Sugar Honey, a flattering nude. Sugar Plum and Sugar Rosé are both fabulous. I knew Sugar Passion was coming, and I ordered it the second I knew it was available at Sephora (thanks to Product Girl). It arrived, and I am thrilled.

All of Fresh's Tinted Lip Treatments give a natural, sheer tint to the lips. While I can't wear red lipstick unless it's super-sheer, I can wear Sugar Passion easily. I know I'll need to purchase another one because I like to keep these Fresh goodies at all my personal docking stations. There's a clear one next to me at my computer.

I've attached a few swatch photos for you to see the actual shade, which is more rose than red on my arm. Of course, add the color of your lips, and the shade will be darker.

My photos were taken on a tropical morning, with the sun disappearing frequently behind the hurricane-driven clouds that will get denser as the day progresses. We are expecting thunderstorms as Irene moves toward the East Coast. That gave me multiple light intensities for photographing the swatches - all in a five-minute period.

The swatch at the top was taken with a Japanese maple backdrop with a bright overcast. The swatch at right was taken in front of a cleome when the sun was shining fairly brightly.

I think the color is gorgeous. What do you think? Will you be shopping for Sugar Passion? It's available now at Sephora, where I purchased my first one, and should arrive at your Neiman Marcus counter soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

fgirl said...

This looks like a pretty lip tint, but I will probably pass on this one. I have had some issues with the Fresh lip tints breaking off in the tube and being very smooshy.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi there,

These are designed to be rolled up a tiny bit at a time. That's why the tops of the bullets are flat. Since they are soft, like any soft lipstick, they can break if you roll them up too much - or if you leave them in the heat.

I've never had one break, but I have read about what happened to you.

Anonymous said...

I have the Fresh Honey and love it, but this one is GORGEOUS. Must get, must get...is it out right now?

Charlestongirl said...

Sure is, Tracy - at Sephora online. I seldom shop in the Sephora stores, so I can't vouch for them.

Lisa said...

Wonderful! Just bought it at Sephora online. Thanks for the great info!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lisa. It's so very pretty! I'm going to get my second when NM gets them.

Dlori said...

Love it and will definitely will be on my MUST HAVE list. Thanks for another wonderful and informative review.

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Win said...

Hi Chalestongirl -- would it be possible for you to re-link to your honey/rose/plumb reviews? too many good options!!! and would love to compare ;)

ruby said...

thanks for sharing it

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Winyan,

I liked the two I've featured. I have never written up Sugar Rosé. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Ruby!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Dlori!

You do need this one. Some of think it may be the best tinted one yet.