Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sneak Peek: Chantecaille Fall 2011 about Eyes

Achieve timeless glamour with Chantecaille's new Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara ($70) and Gel Liner Pencil ($32).

This new mascara isn't just about a pretty face or a chic and dynamic look. After two weeks of regular use, Chantecaille says your lashes will be 25% longer and thicker. Unlike other lash growth products, Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara features SymPeptide 17, which will prevent irritation and discoloration (the reason I won't use the prescription product). I'm game to try Longest Lash! Peptides are great for lashes (and skin).

Chantecaille is also introducing the first gel liner housed in an easily sharpened pencil! The Gel Liner Pencil's dual-effect brush can be used to create precisely defined eyes or a sultry, smoky look. Oh my...I want one...now!

Both products will be available in September at Chantcaille.com. Additionally, they will be available at Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, and select Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Saks locations. Chantecaille is also sold at Space NK and Frédéric Fekkai Salons.

Photo courtesy of Chantecaille

8 comments:

Eileen said...

I am really intrigued by the gel eyeliner pencil. The smooth glide, lash snuggling capability of a gel, the few moments of "play time" with the brush before it sets, the long wear time, and all with the ease and convenience of a pencil--now that's what we were talking about yesterday when we were referring to the evolution in formulation! I can hardly wait to give this new twist a try. Let's hope Chantecaille has knocked it out of the park. I can guarantee you won't be the only one who will be haunting the Chantecaille counter come September ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

I am quite taken with the idea of a gel liner in a convenient pencil. Yes, we were just talking about advances in formulations! Well timed, I'd say.

I'll let you know when they are available online. Chantecaille usually makes their new beauties available on their own site before the stores receive them. Makes sense to me! I know the store reps don't love it.

I take good care of my fave Chantecaille rep. I usually buy seconds and thirds from NM.

Lisa said...

I have been using Tarte emphasiEYES aqua gel liner for the past few weeks. I have used it as a tightline in the lashes, on the waterline ans as a lid liner. It is nothing short of amazing. The liner goes on smooth almost "wet" feeling. Once applied it doesn't move or shift until you take it off. Never needs sharpening, twists up, very simple. Now you post today on one of my favorite makeup lines, Chantecaille, offering what appears to be a very similar product. So torn! Must investigate this one in person to see how it compares! Thank you so much for the information. You're terrific!

Lisa said...

Have you tried the Tarte gel liner pencil?

Bonnie C. said...

I completely echo Eileen, the gel pencil liner looks like a neat concept/product! :-) I can't wait to see your review (will you get a navy/dark blue perhaps?):-)

It was nice to hear Lisa's thoughts about Tarte's aqua gel liner, which also sounds like a nice product but I haven't been able to try it yet (ps-thanks for your recent review on Tarte's cream shadows, those look pretty nifty too). :-)

Chantecaille was pretty clever to put a brush on the end of their gel pencil, I've seen smudgers before but I don't think I've ever seen a brush on the end of an eyeliner pencil (I have seen it with lip liners though).

Thanks for the preview! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Oh my, Lisa, I do have them (from Tarte). I need to feature them. I'll try this weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Bonnie! They aren't exactly the same, but both in pencil form. One rolls up, though. Great makeup!

Lisa said...

I look forward to it, as I do all your reviews!