After years of research, LMdB's chemists developed three uniquely formulated complexes to address the problems that come with aging.
- Syntoc Actif Power 4 Anti-Aging Complexe
- Syntoc Actif Moisture Rich Complexe
- Syntoc Actif Hydration+ Complexe
There are six uniquely formulated products in the Peau Vierge Treatment Collection. All of them use the Syntoc Actif Delivery System.
Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Night Crème with Syntoc Actif + Power4 Anti-Aging Complexe ($350) is one of the products I've had the privilege to try. I was given a tiny sample jar at Neiman Marcus. The emollient and potent night treatment effectively repairs, rebuilds, and transforms the skin while the body is most receptive - at rest. The Syntoc Actif + Power4 Anti-Aging Complexe has these featured ingredients.
- Retinol (0.5%) is the #1 anti-aging powerhouse, known to smooth and plump wrinkles, stimulate collagen rejuvenation, and restore the skin's elasticity.
- Coenzyme Q10 (0.1%) reduces the depth of wrinkles and protects against photo-aging.
- L-Carnosine (1%) prevents and reverses the signs of aging by preventing keratin degradation, which causes rough, dry skin.
- SNAP 8 (0.0025%) is an anti-aging "power peptide" that reduces the depth of wrinkles caused by expression muscles, especially on the forehead and around the eyes - like a topical Botox.
LMdB's new Night Crème was a miracle. I had no adverse side effects - none! I've used it for two weeks, once every three days, and my skin looks great. There really is something to the delivery system, which carries the retinol beneath the epidermis (outermost layer of the skin) deep into the dermis to provide the following benefits: repair and reverse the signs of aging, erase fine lines and wrinkles, shrink pore size, reduce redness through anti-inflammatory properties, and encourage natural skin repair. It's clear to me that LMdB's delivery system is carrying the retinol past my own layers of sensitivity.
Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Crème with Syntoc Actif + Power4 Anti-Aging Complexe ($285) is a potent, proprietary blend of functional anti-aging actives. Harnessing the power of Syntoc Actif, this lightweight emulsion absorbs quickly, dramatically slows the formation of expression lines, and reverses sun damage while replenishing hydration, repairing and improving texture, firming sagging skin, and rejuvenating overall tone and texture. It also contains SNAP 8 (0.005%), retinol (0.05%), coenzyne Q10 (0.05%), and l-carnosine (0.1%) - the same magnificent ingredients in the Night Crème, but at lower concentrations. I had the privilege of trying the Day Crème for a few days. I liked it!
Replenishing Daily Solution with Syntoc Actif + Moisture Rich Complexe ($225) is a lightweight, emollient, SPF 30 formula that conditions and moisturizes while it nourishes, detoxifies the dermis, and helps replenish the lipid barrier, normalizing skin moisture to provide suppleness. It has the same effective delivery system, but offers these natural moisturizing and protective ingredients.
- Vitamin E, Aloe, Sodium PCA, and Sodium Hyaluronate (nature's sponge) for hydration and softening
- Centella Asiatica and Echniacea for firming
- Squalene, Shea Butter, Avocado, Hazlenut and Jojoba Oils, rich in vitamins to add emolliency and lubrication
- Cucumber Oil, a rich source of vitamin C
Revive Eye Concentrate with with Syntoc Actif + HydrationPlus Complexe ($175) is an innovative eye treatment that repairs and plumps the delicate skin around the eyes. Using the same exclusive Syntoc Actif delivery system, it offers these ingredients.
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, which decreases capillary permeability to reduce edema (water retention); used in some effective eye creams I know
- Dipeptide (not sure which one) to improve lymphatic circulation to further reduce edema
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide, not sure if it's 3 or 7, but a regenerating peptide to improve elasticity and strengthen the skin around the eyes; can slow or inhibit glycation and inflammatory damage
There's a cleanser, Daily Renew Cleanser with VitaC Complexe ($50), that is formulated with rounded (non-damaging) scrub grains to remove deeply set impurities in one step. Daily Renew Cleanser promises to gently cleanse and exfoliate the skin and remove makeup easily, renewing the skin for a radiant glow.
Daily Refresh Toner with Rebalancing Complexe ($50) is designed to restore, rebalance, and recondition the skin, leaving it soft, smoothed, and perfectly prepared for the healing treatments that follow. The hydrating ingredients should give you a youthful look.
- Hemolymph Extract is a conditioning agent that LMdB says pulls oxygen into the skin from the environment.
- Peppermint, Cinnamon, Thyme, and Geranium Oils mildly stimulate with a gentle warming effect.
- Cypress Oil mildly stimulates and cleanses.
- Anise Oil is used for its cleansing and warming effect on the skin.
- Vitamins E, A, and B condition and protect the skin.
There you have the basics. I am extremely excited about this launch. I have much more to tell you, but it will have to wait for another day. Le Métier de Beauté's new skin care will be available at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman this month.
Photo at top by Best Things in Beauty, taken at Saturday's event; other photos courtesy of the U.S. government and Wikipedia