Monday, August 15, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Jacquard Woven Face Color Palette for Fall 2011

I was very excited when the new Giorgio Armani Beauty Jacquard palettes arrived at Neiman Marcus! I decided to show you the Woven Face Color Palette ($55) first because it was a curiosity to me. Although I'm sure you could wear these shades anywhere on your face, including your eyes, they are stunning when blended into one shade for the face - an exquisite highlighter.

Here are the four shades presented individually. My photo was snapped in sunshine (which has come and gone all day), and I swatched each shade with a sponge-tipped applicator. The top color strip, a shimmering yellow-toned ivory, is shown at the top of my arm. I think it's beautiful. The two shades of gold, one darker than the other, comprise the majority of space in the palette. The rose shade at the bottom is almost impossible to apply individually with anything except a very narrow brush. It's a pretty color, though. I took a close-up photo to show you.

Use of either gold shade - or the ivory - no matter what tool you use for application - provides a stunning highlighter. After I started playing with the palette, it became clear to me that the palette really shines when you blend the shades. I took a dense blush brush and blended all the shades together as evenly as possible, applying the swatch to my arm mid-way between my wrist and my elbow. The shade that resulted was gasp-worthy.

It's a golden, shimmering highlighter that's a rose-leaning gold with just the right amount of shimmer. The color definitely reflects sunlight.

You can see in my two swatch photos here that the blended shimmering gold has a warm pink hue. If you "lean on" your brush along the rose strip of the palette, it will be even more pink. If you avoid the rose strip, it offers a pure golden tone. The choice is yours.

I'm officially in love with my new Jacquard Woven Face Color Palette. It's available at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria and Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase. That means your own Armani counter will have it soon if it's not already on display.

I'll show you the eye palettes tomorrow. I think they are equally lust-worthy.

Update 6:46 pm: The swatches of the blended shade on my arm were taken in the same location. One was taken in bright light. Then the sun popped out (totally), and I got a brighter one.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Clarisse said...

Oh, what a wonderful palette...I wouldn't have thought I'd love it that much before seeing your photos! Armani is a genius when shades are concerned...and the result is impeccably gorgeous! I love it and I'll try to find it at the end of the month in Rome where I'll be for a week-end! Thanks for this sweet temptation, Charlestongirl:-)
PS: I do prefer it to the Chanel Tissés or the E.L palette you reviewed earlier (am I right?)

Charlestongirl said...

Rome...I am so envious, Clarisse. Your trips are breathtaking.

I much prefer it to the Chanel palette. I adore the EL palette; it's a different shade. I would need two, Armani and EL. I could ditch the Chanel one and never miss it, sadly.

Aleya Bamdad said...

Love the gold and ivory, but can't see myself wearing the red. It's just not me.

michelle said...

what would be the best way to apply the rose color of the palette other than blending it in with the rest of the colors? I have fair skin with dark features and wonder what other ways I could use the rose area of the palette before I splurge!

Clarisse said...

Oh good, I'll have a closer look at the EL one then at a counter!
They are not really trips, Charlestongirl, just what we call "sauts de puce"(= "a flee's hops, if that means anything) as I'll stay there only 3 days , just like in Prague.
The difference is that I have already been to Rome several times and know the city, so I feel at home there (as everywhere in Italy... I do love this country)
And I'll go for a wedding (btw the reception at the Villa Aurelia belonging to the American Academy and from the photos I've seen, this is a most enchanting place! Now you know everything:-)))

Charlestongirl said...

Michelle,

Some people can wear rose on their eyelids. It usually takes fairly dark skin.

If you want to work at it (picking up only rose), you could wear it as a blush.

If you swipe your brush across just one of the gold shades and the rose shade, it becomes a gleaming rose gold highlighter. Seriously pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

I'm still envious, Clarisse!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Aleya,

You would mix it with one of the golds for a beautiful rose gold shade. :)

Liz said...

Oh my! I was only planning on one of the eye palettes (the one with green & purple) but I may have to also grab this face palette. Wow! xoLiz

Charisse said...

I just ordered this palette and I'm so excited. I wanted the e/s palette as well (#1 green/purple) but I'm trying to resist. Your review and swatches are great as usual :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Charisse!

I'll put up swatches of the eye palettes tomorrow. It's love there too.

Charlestongirl said...

I gotta say, Liz, this one is surprisingly gorgeous. I wasn't sure what to make of it when I saw the first photos. Now I know!

Joey said...

I love the look of this! I'd wear it on my eyes as well.

Miss Brahms said...

Nothing excites customers more than new Armani! I was puzzled when I saw the stripe of red in the palette as well - thanks for elucidating me on how to apply it as a face highlighter. I can't wait to see your swatches of the green jacquard palette. BTW, the Armani GWP for Beauty Event arrived yesterday at Neimans - it is pretty cool! A gunmetal cosmetic bag packed with six deluxe samples of foundation, fluid sheer and skincare, a full-size #12 (brown) Armani Silk eyeliner, a mini Eyes to Kill mascara, and a deluxe rollerball of Acqua di Gioia fragrance! Nice! Now, if only we don't sell out of all the new color before September................

Charlestongirl said...

You and I both, Joey!

Charlestongirl said...

Miss Brahms showed me the Armani GWP. That rollerball is really special. Nice gift!