Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds are Singing... Long-Lasting Eye Shadow in Angelic Cockatiels and Gracious Arasari

What taupe or neutral eye shadow lover could resist Rouge Bunny Rouge's When Birds are Singing... Long-Lasting Eyeshadows in Angelic Cockatiels and Gracious Arasari? ($35.86 at this time, varies with exchange rate)? Not this neutral lover!

Rouge Bunny Rouge's powder eye shadows have a lightweight, creamy touch and extraordinary adherence. The first time I applied one, I wondered how Rouge Bunny Rouge made the powder so creamy. It resembles a cream-powder hybrid, with its beautiful texture. I knew I would be adding to my collection over time, and I have.

I am charmed by Rouge Bunny Rouge's enchanting stories!

The firefly festival is eagerly awaited all year in the Enchanted Garden. For then on this very special day, the best voices of the bird world feed on these tiny fireworks that embellish their voices and then gather to perform a single concert together. Their jubilant musical notes are inscribed in a syrup of figs and milk and preserved in tiny pots to be enjoyed the year round.

Like this golden froth of musical syrup, 'When Birds are Singing...' Eye Shadows are a time-defying exotic enigma. This is plumage to adorn you in shades as deliciously mellow as soft silence that flows, or as brilliantly potent as jeweled notes. So addictive are these morsels that you'll be causing your own kaleidoscopic ripples every time you wear them.

The formula of When Birds are Singing... creates lively, dynamic color and a second-skin effect as the shadows melt into the eyelids, looking like they belong there. All of the shades stay perfectly placed and look freshly applied all day, without losing a bit of their luster. One of the ingredients, orange-derived flavonoid, is said to improve blood microcirculation, enhance luminosity, and serve as a free radical scavenger. That's an extra-added benefit when a shadow color is so pretty. I would purchase When Birds Are Singing... even without the skin-care benefits.

About six weeks ago, I received an order with Angelic Cockatiels and Gracious Arasari, two neutrals that looked lovely in the swatches. I selected them from 20 possible shades (actually 19 because of what I had purchased already), and I am thrilled with them. Although the online swatches looked similar, these eye shadows are very different. In the photo above, Gracious Arasari is shown on the left, and Angelic Cockatiels is on the right. All of my photos in this feature were taken in full sun.

Angelic Cockatiels is described as a metallic-finish golden honey with a hint of copper. A close-up of the compact is shown at left. Gracious Arasari is described at Zuneta as a semi-matte nude taupe with the barest whisper of pink. These are excellent descriptions.

Angelic Cockatiels is shown in the compact above left. It is exquisite on my skin - shimmering, softly metallic, and eye-catching. A close-up of Gracious Arasari is shown at right. You can see that this shadow in the compact has much less shimmer than the other. Fortunately (for my tastes), it's not "flat matte." It has life.

I took a few swatch photos to show you the shades on my arm. I applied each heavily (and dry) with a sponge-tipped applicator.

Where Angelic Cockatiels (at top) is bold and shimmering, Gracious Arasari is light and tender. They pair beautifully, although I haven't limited their use to this pairing. I love to use Angelic Cockatiels alone, swiping it quickly and lightly over my lid, from lash line to crease. It makes my blue eyes pop.

Gracious Arasari is a barely there taupe - perfect for us fair-skinned gals. It may not light up these swatch photos, but it's a remarkably useful shade. I like to use it in the crease when I want a natural look, and it makes a gorgeous liner under my lower lashes.

Your own coloring will guide your use of these shades or any of the other When Birds Are Singing... eye shadows. I've selected neutral shades, but I'm drawn to some of the vibrant colors. Mysterious Tinamou, a deep sea blue, reminiscent of a wild duck's plumage, looks exquisite. Whispering Ibis also looks gorgeous. It's described as an iridescent fern green, shimmering with gold pearls. I'm sighing. I keep ordering from Zuneta (I did last weekend when they offered free shipping). I love everything I receive. You will to, I'll bet.

Even without a promotion, Zuneta offers free international shipping for orders over £65. It's not hard to spend that much there!

If you would like to read my other Rouge Bunny Rouge features, just enter Rouge Bunny Rouge in the "Search This Blog" box on the sidebar. I'll be showing you more over the coming month.

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Tali said...

Im a huge RBR fan and I love these swatches. Makes me want to go play with mine. I love Angelic Cockatiels. I use it as a face highlight as well as shadow!

Unknown said...

Why didn't I order when Zuneta had free shipping???

Me said...

I agree RBR shadows are beyond creamy, and they last all day. I love your swatches and review, but I suspect Angelic Cockatiels would be too warm and blingy for me (though the idea of a facial highlighter is intriguing). I've been wearing Gracious Arasari regularly since May, and I adore it. I usually pair it with Solstice Halcyon. The two are perfect together.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tali! What a cool idea to use Angelic Cockatiels as a highlighter on the face! I'm trying it tomorrow. I know already that it's going to be gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the idea with all of us.

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, good question! Why didn't you?

Charlestongirl said...

Zuzu, you can apply it lightly for a different effect than you see in my swatches, which were applied heavily.

Gracious Arasari is one of those colors that may not attract attention from women who are just browsing, but it should be in every RBR lover's makeup bag. :)

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

these shadows look yummy!

Charlestongirl said...

They are, as is everything I've purchased from RBR/Zuneta! Love the line. Have you tried anything, LoveSugarBabyDoll?

Unknown said...

I probably thought I'd save a few dollars for Chanel Holiday - a momentary lapse in judgement! :)

ailurophileNZ said...

I didn't take advantage of the free shipping offer at Zuneta last weekend as I always seem to be able to order enough to get the free shipping - I just love that about Zuneta! I have been eye-ing up both those eyeshadows for a while and your blog might just have helped me make my mind up, so think I am going to get free shipping again ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi AilurophileNZ!

I needed last weekend's offer because I only wanted two things for now. Not that I don't want everything, but I could only afford those two for now. The free shipping allowed me to order without waiting to be seized by more I-wants. :)

Charisse said...

The shadows look lovely! I've been meaning to try RBR products for a while now. What would you suggest I try first?

Charlestongirl said...

Follow your heart, Charisse. :)

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Lovely shade!!!! Love RBR products!!!!

Charlestongirl said...

They are quite addictive, aren't they, Rakhshanda?