Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Jacquard Woven Eye Color Palette (#1) for Fall 2011

Elegance is not being noticed but being remembered.

Earlier today, I featured Giorgio Armani Beauty's Jacquard Woven Eye Color Palette in #2 for Fall 2011. Here's #1, a stunning "sister palette" that's equally elegant. Both are $59. Palette #1 combines my favorite green shades with rich purple, and the results of blending these shades may surprise you.

I swatched each shade individually, using a sponge-tipped applicator, and I took my photos in sunlight (which added a little extra shimmer). The shade at the top of this palette and near my wrist is a very light beige. It's a beautiful base shade, but can also be used as a highlighter. I am amazed that it picks up an ever-so-slight green hue when paired with one of the greens. I swatched clockwise. The shade at the right side if the palette is an interesting Army men's dress uniform green, but it has an element of forest green that makes it even more interesting (it's like PANTONE 19-5513 TPX or maybe 003300). I'm having trouble finding the right descriptor for the hue. Whatever color it is, it's stunning. Mint green, in a shade that coordinates perfectly with the darker green, owns the left side of the palette. The color strip at the bottom is purple, a rich, red-leaning purple.

As with palette #2, the shades in the #1 palette are gorgeous. The purple liner is exquisite when paired with the green shades. I've always loved the combination of purple and green in fashion, so Armani's pairing was a natural for me. Look at the sage green shade I created, shown at the bottom of my arm photo, by blending the two green shades! I think it's totally gorgeous.

Want to lighten up the darker green even more? Blend it with the beige at the top of the palette. Want a pretty blue-toned lavender rather than the rich purple? Blend the mint green with the purple shade. The results are surprising and delightful.

I'll go out on a limb and say you need one of the new Giorgio Armani palettes for fall. My regular readers know I seldom talk about my makeup loves in terms of need (after all, we do have to prioritize our expenses). You've seen the face and eye palettes here now (check out the Woven Face Color Palette if you didn't see it). Will you be shopping?

The new Armani Fall 2011 Collection is available at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria and Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase. That much I know for sure. That should mean your favorite Armani counter - at any store - will have it soon if it's not already on display. I know they are available on the West Coast, and they probably landed in Europe before they arrived here. The Armani Beauty USA Web site has not posted the palettes yet, but they will.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Clarisse said...

I knew it and I told you so...It will have to be the 3 of them !!! This one is unbelievably beautiful too! I haven't been so enthusiastic about GA eye-shadows for long (always prefering his foundations, blushers and lipsticks) but now I am really sold:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Clarisse, I really don't know how you would choose between exquisite and gorgeous! These eye shadows are the most exciting in a long time. Wait until you see Scarlatto Face Fabric this week - I absolutely love it. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Charisse said...

Oh no! Both e/s palettes look gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

And they are, Charisse! I think you will love them.

I have two readers with very similar names. You have joined Clarisse. Hope I don't mix you two up. :)

Unknown said...

This is the one item from Armani Fall that I was considering. I've been so on the fence. I'd heard the pigmentation wasn't the best but I've also seen some beautiful reviews from you and others. Given my immense restraint this fall do you think this is one item I "need". I should also mention I don't own any green eyeshadows other than several very dark blackened greens......

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Perilously Pale,

I'm really not sure what you mean when you use the term "pigmentation." All Armani shadows can be applied sheerly or built/layered for more color with a brush (like LMdB). That's their beauty to those of us who adore Armani.

Do mean "does it have color?" as opposed to some expensive, but color-less, glitter bombs on the market, then the answer is yes. However, it's not one of those shadows that you swipe once and get massive color that you have to start wiping off in order to look like a normal person. :)

If you want more pigmentation, use a sponge-tipped applicator. It picks up more product.

lovethescents said...

This is so stunning on so many levels. I'm going to have to choose between the palettes. I think I'll have to call our local counter and see what they have....then see what suits me best. So tempting, Charlestongirl, as usual :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

They are all so pretty, I'm sure you will be pleased with whatever you find! :)

waftbyCarol said...

*SIGH*
these are just my colors...you have created a lemming !

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Carol!

Mr. Armani created the lemmings. :) I ought to know. I'd follow him anywhere (except possibly off a cliff).

Unknown said...

Sounds perfect! I was very happy with the Summer Quad so I'm sure this will not disappoint. Now the waiting game begins.

Anonymous said...

HI Charlestongirl,

You are the gal I can count on when it comes to Armani beauty.. I am a big fan too. I have been looking for a purple eyeshaow and obviously the fall palette # 1 caught my eye, and I am curious to know if you own Armani eye shadow quad # 6 which is also a purple based palette and if so, how would you compare the two. Thanks

Daisy