Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Glamour for Holiday 2012

Chantecaille's Brilliant Gloss ($33) in Glamour adds a festive touch to the Holiday 2012 Collection. I think it suits its name.

Brilliant Gloss is a non-sticky, addictive lip gloss with vegetal-based, cross-linked sugars that naturally and safely plump the lips. An innovative system of elastic polymers and shiny emollient oil creates long-lasting wear, plus the gloss is enhanced with green tea to protect and calm lips. Worn by many, from the famous Angelina Jolie to the not-famous Charlestongirl, it's a fabulous lip gloss.

Shown here on Olivia Chantecaille, Glamour is a beautiful cherry red. It's a red I can wear, particularly since it's semi-sheer. I don't know what lip color she is wearing underneath Glamour in the photo above.

I took swatch photos in mid-afternoon sun. I had a hard time getting Glamour to adhere to my arm. It is, after all, made for the lips. That's why the color looks uneven in my swatch photos.

Apply Glamour to your lips with its brush wand, and your lips will be adored with a sheer, shiny, and luscious rose. Glamour lights up my face and makes my eyes pop blue.

I am seriously smitten. I need another one - or maybe two more. They arrived in limited numbers at Neiman Marcus, but I see that Glamour is available at Chantecaille's Web site. I wouldn't delay. You'll want one for the holidays. It would be ashamed if I and other Chantecaille fanatics beat you to all of the stock available. I fully expect to see Glamor marked as "Notify Me" in the near future.

Right now, you can purchase it at Chantecaille's Web site and Chantecaille counters where the holiday collection has arrived (call first before you leave home). I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, where you can call Jeannine Barnes, Chantecaille representative, at (202) 966-9700, extension 2289, for help. I've seen that Glamour is available online at other stores, such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's.

Photos at top courtesy of Bloomingdale's; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Eileen said...

Talk about birds of a feather! I was just thinking of you when I picked up this beauty at NM yesterday. I thought to myself, now here's a red that Charlestongirl can rock! It is so beautiful and so festive. I absolutely love it. I did something I almost never do--I bought two! I know I'm going to be wearing this one regularly throughout the concert season. It just seems to brighten my smile. Love it!

The Beauty Professor said...

This is so pretty...I am not usually a fan of dark glosses, but Glamour seems like it would create the perfect dressy red holiday lip without being over the top! Must take a peek the next time I am at NM. Do you know what the staying power is like on this shade?

Have a lovely weekend!

--The Beauty Professor

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I love it! Actually, once I got home and tried it, I ordered three more on Chantecaille's Web site. I believe that's called hoarding. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi BP,

It stays beautifully on me. Better than average longevity.

Anonymous said...

This looks like the perfect light, sheer red for me to wear this holiday season!

Midwestern Mama said...

This is beautiful! Do you think it's close to the Burberry Hibiscus gloss? I want to order Glamour, but don't want a duplicate!
Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, Lizzy, I don't have Hibiscus.

Charlestongirl said...

You got it, crystesmom - perfect.

Unknown said...

This is a must-have! Thanks for the posting.

Charlestongirl said...

I sure agree, JEM. Next week, I'll own four of them. :)

Jo said...

Thanks CG for the swatches. I got an email from my NM SA saying that there is a new brillant gloss in Glamour (I prefer this formula over their other gloss formula) and a lip chic in Nocturne. Have you seen the lip chic yet? Do you know what color it is? I haven't had a chance to call her or go into NM yet to look but I think I better hurry up!

Eileen said...

Hi Jo,

Nocturne is gorgeous. It's what she's wearing in the holiday promo picture with Glamour on top.

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful! Wear it in good health <3

Cindy's Societal said...

Ahhh this is another beautiful one by Chantecaille!! What will I do? :/ so many things to buy for the holidays

sunnyItaly said...

Hello! I am always a little worried about these bright colours but I can't stop falling in love with them. Shame there is no way I'll ever get to try this brand.
Thanks for sharing.
Sunnyitaly