Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chantecaille Les Pétales de Rose

I ordered this last week, and I was sure it would arrive yesterday. It didn't, a casualty of Sandy's disruptions, I'm sure. When I think about my disappointment, I realize quickly that not receiving a box of makeup from New York is nothing - simply nothing given the deaths, property damage, and disruptions in New York.

I had hoped to show you this gorgeous Chantecaille Les Pétales de Rose ($74) compact today. If you have power and are safe, drool along with me.

Through the marvelously soft color and texture of crushed rose petals, Les Pétales’ mélange of colorful powders blends seamlessly into the skin, offering a subtle veil of radiance. I'm sure this gorgeous compact will make us gorgeous. Chantecaille's innovative technology allows the soft, iridescent powder pigments to be evenly sprinkled throughout the entire product. Even after repeated use and application, the complexion-enhancing pigments will continue to create the appearance of more luminous and uniform-looking skin. That's exciting - she's not just a pretty face!

Les Pétales de Rose's chic wave packaging was inspired by the iconic jewelry designs of the 1970’s. I can't see that, but I do see how the compact will offer versatility. You can use it to highlight the frame of the face or eyes or over Cheek Shades to offer an added glow. You can use the powder lightly all over the face. Wherever or however you use finishing powders, you can use Les Pétales de Rose. I know this powder will be a slightly ice pink-tinted finishing powder.

Chantecaille tells us to apply it using the Chantecaille face brush, cheek brush, or Kabuki Brush. That should be easy for me; I have and love them all.

Where's my box? While I ask that, I am thinking of this sad article I read in yesterday's New York Times. Don't read it unless you are prepared to cry. It reminded me of the stark contrast between those who are inconvenienced and those whose lives will never be the same.

Photo courtesy of Chantecaille

16 comments:

Kate said...

can't wait to see your swatches!! I love the packaging! :)

Makeup Remastered said...

This looks like a beauty- you will need to tell us if it is a must have as it is quite pricey- I managed to get the new HD powder which is very nice!!

bisbee said...

Wow - that NY Times story really personalizes the losses. So very, very sad.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate! Me too LOL. Hoping for UPS today, but I never got a ship notice.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeup Master,

Everything of Chantecaille's is a must-have in my book. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Truly, Bisbee. It's depressing.

Tatiana said...

Would love to know how this compares with Guerlain's Les Meteorites powders/pearls. I can only budget for one finishing powder/highlighter right now.

Jo said...

Oh CG, this is gorgeous! I didn't even see it coming - this is a must have for me. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to see your swatches. I'm so glad you made it through Sandy safely.

Sherry B. said...

Several years ago, when I still lived in my native Tennessee, a tornado demolished my home; I can still remember how terrified my husband, our children, and I were as we huddled in the earth-sheltered section of our basement. After reading this news story, I simply have no words.....

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Oh my gosh, I realized I was staring at the screen open-mouthed as I gazed upon Les Petales de Rose. What delicate and beautiful coloring (the dots!) and packaging--- I really cannot wait to see your review when it comes in!

Angela C said...

I usually love Chantecaille's beautiful and elegant compacts but this one reminds me of a cupcake (or perhaps ice cream) with sprinkles on top. I don't know, it just looks a bit too cutesy or cheesy to me. Maybe it is very different up close.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tatiana,

I will let you know next week when mine arrives.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Jo.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh no, Sherry. After reading your comment, I have no words. I can't imagine.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey,

It is one of those Chantecaille goodies that belongs in my makeup museum. I'm sure I'll purchase a second for archival. :)

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Angela, I can see that.