Friday, November 23, 2012

Marc Anthony Oil Of Morocco Argan Oil Shampoo

Knowing how popular argan oil is, I've tried and tried to find argan oil products to use on my hair. Given how fine my hair is, something has always been wrong with them. They would be too heavy, or the in the case of one hair spray, too fragranced. Then, out of the blue, Marc Anthony sent me his Aragan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm smitten! It took Marc Anthony to unwrap argan oil's secrets for me.

“We often look to beauty secrets of the past as inspiration for today. One of the greatest ancestral beauty secrets comes from Morocco - Argan Oil. It is really a 'super oil’ because it has so many benefits: strengthening, moisturizing, shine, damage relief, and the list goes on. When you buy Argan Oil for your hair you’re getting one of the best natural resources for healthy looking hair,” says Marc Anthony's team.

Argan oil is the foundation for Anthony's Oil of Morocco Collection. The powerful Moroccan oil, with an added boost of strengthening keratin, has been infused into each product to create a full system for high moisture and unbeatable strength. It starts with your wash to rid hair of impurities while gently moisturizing; then to your condition for super hydration, shine, and restoration. Finally a daily lightweight oil treatment to impart strength, add shine, and control frizz. 

Everything claimed is true, but there's more. Argan Oil Shampoo ($7.99) is contains the argan oil and keratin, but also grape seed oil. The sulfate-free shampoo lathers nicely and cleans thoroughly. It smells fresh and nice without any overt perfume scent.

The Arman Oil Conditioner ($7.99), containing the same treatment ingredients, seals the deal. I have a hard time finding conditioners that condition my hair well, leaving it shiny and bouncy, without weighing it down. Any hair products that are heavy leave my hair limp. If I try lightweight conditioners, I find they won't detangle my hair after a vigorous wash. I can rely on this duo to leave my with clean hair, and easy comb out, and two full days of life and volume. How great is that?

Check out this link for retailers. Supposedly, Marc Anthony's hair products are available at CVS, but I've never seen them here. I will look more thoroughly, particularly at Ulta. If they aren't there, I will most likely restock at drugstore.com, one of my favorites.

Photo courtesy of Marc Anthony

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!!! thankyou for posting and reviewing these products. i have very fine hair and a very sensitive scalp. i was just at ulta. have you heard of dermorganics? i'm testing this using their shampoo and conditioner that contain argan oil as well. i bet this is similar except for the price point. i do like these products so far but will definitely try your recommendations. you're always right anyway!!! question...i have chanel's premier regard quad from this fall's collection. i'm going down to the pan on the taupey/brown shade(top left). any recommendations to replace this color? wasn't sure about chanel's slate or safari single shadows and i really don't want to but a whole new quad just for 1 color. thankyou for any suggestions!!! xo wendy.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I am going to order the products featured in your article in a few days. Love oils! Take some of them by mouth daily (coconut oil, walnut oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil and, of course olive oil).

JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty said...

Ok, this might be the solution for my hair. I love the condition of my hair, fine, silky and natural straight. but I can't seem to find a good shampoo that CLEAN my hair and a conditioner that NOURISH it. Thanks so much! I need to try these duo.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Wendy,

I have seen Dermorganics, but have never purchased it.

Take your quad to the store and ask your sales associate to help you find the closest shades. There are bazillions of taupey/brown shadows everywhere. You'll want one that looks the same on your skin.

Charlestongirl said...

They are good for you, MK. I want to try coconut oil.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne, I was so pleasantly surprised - no thrilled - with these. I tested them blind, having no idea how inexpensive they are. That was the best part.

Charlestongirl said...

Well, all, I turned comment moderation back on. I wanted you to be able to see your comments as you submitted them. However, one rotten apple ruined that for you by putting in a hateful comment about Sunday This and That. Did it belong in a hair care post? Of course not, but the haters couldn't post there - only on new features - and the first one figured out a way around it. I'm sorry to those who had to read the comment before I deleted it.

I am astounded by the lengths to which people will go to express their personal unhappiness - anonymously, of course. They believe it's of great consequence to you and me. I'm reminded of a famous line spoken by Clark Gable from the 1939 film Gone with the Wind.

grlnxdor said...

Can't wait to see if my local Walgreens carries it. I, too, have to be careful about the "weigh down" factor. My daughter, who is a cosmotologist, swears by Argan Oil for her face. I'd love to bring home an inexpensive yet effective system that she can try out as well.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grlnxdor!

I like argan oil on my face, and I like products with it in the ingredients. On my hair, though, it was horrible - even if used in minute quantities. My hair is so thin, just about anything will weigh it down. When I use this duo, it's bouncy, even on the second day. I'm amazed!

EllenB said...

I absolutely love argan oil. I use "One 'n Only"'s brand on my hair after I have finished styling it. Wow does it make my hair shine! I used their shampoo and conditioner until I realized it wasn't sulfate-free. It was making my hair color fade. I needed to find an argan shampoo and conditioner that didn't have sulfates and the one you review here doesn't so I def need to go out and get it. I've seen Marc Anthony products in Rite Aid and CVS. Thank you, C-G, for the wonderful review! You are always spot-on with your reviews.

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, I'm going to CVS today, and I'm going to examine the aisles. I don't ever remember seeing MA.

Viviask said...

Thanks for the informative review! I've used argan oil in my hair, just not this brand. I have a bottle of Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil for my hair and it works pretty well, no silicones :)

Karo said...

thank you for the info, looks good, I use argan oil too but from another brand, it's from pro naturals and it works pretty good too. :D

Anonymous said...

They sell it at. Walgreens !

Anonymous said...

I love this product it is worth for its price.my hair started growing thick and long after using this oil.