Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chantecaille Les Pétales de Rose - Live and in Person

My Les Pétales de Rose ($74) arrived from Chantecaille Tuesday - finally! Now, seeing that Chantecaille is donating a portion of its Web site sales to the people and animals most affected by Hurricane Sandy, I wish I had waited to order it.

Through the marvelously soft color and texture of crushed rose petals, Les Pétales’ mélange of colorful powders blends seamlessly into the skin, offering a subtle veil of radiance. I'm sure this gorgeous compact will make us gorgeous. Chantecaille's innovative technology allows the soft, iridescent powder pigments to be evenly sprinkled throughout the entire product. Even after repeated use and application, the complexion-enhancing pigments will continue to create the appearance of more luminous and uniform-looking skin. That's exciting - she's not just a pretty face!

Les Pétales de Rose's chic wave packaging was inspired by the iconic jewelry designs of the 1970’s. I can't see that, but I do see how the compact will offer versatility. You can use it to highlight the frame of the face or eyes or over Cheek Shades to offer an added glow. You can use the powder lightly all over the face. Wherever or however you use finishing powders, you can use Les Pétales de Rose.

Just as I suspected, Les Pétales de Rose is a light pink finishing powder. My photo directly above is too warm in color - a result of the glow that accompanies sunset. The color is even more beautiful than I expected. The compact is also larger than I had expected. Too my eye (I didn't measure it), the palette is almost three inches wide.

I wanted swatch photos so badly that I set out after work looking for tiny patches of sun where I might take photos before the sun set. I found one up the street, but the setting sun affected the photos adversely. I did pop on my flash and got one photo that adequately represents the color.

I swatched heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator. Chantecaille tells us to apply this powder using the Chantecaille face brush, cheek brush, or Kabuki Brush. I used a kabuki brush to apply the larger swatch below. I blended all the shades from the compact's design as I swatched.

Just as I anticipated, Les Pétales de Rose is a pretty light pink finishing powder. It's not sparkly at all. It imparts a sheen and an elegant glow. I think it's fabulous.

I would love to be able so show you additional swatch photos, so I will update this feature over the weekend. I know some of you were waiting to see swatches before you purchased. I hope the photo above is a help. Make sure to order from Chantecaille's Web site by November 18 to benefit Sandy's victims.

Photos at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Eileen said...

Wow! This gorgeous illuminating powder looks like candlelight on your skin--such a pretty soft and flattering glow. I adore finishing powders like this and Chantecaille makes some beauties. I think I'll head over to their website right now. Although I've already donated to the Red Cross and SPCA for Sandy relief, how could I possible pass up the opportunity to purchase such a lovely product knowing that a portion will be benefiting those in need? It's obviously a win-win situation.

Charlestongirl said...

Love you, Eileen. I just ordered a second. :)

Jo said...

I'm headed over to the Chantecaille website too! I LOVE this - it's SO pretty!

Anonymous said...

I am checking out this line when I vacation in Florida in December. I told my husband to clear the Visa account.

BooBooNinja said...

This is really pretty. :) Does it compare to any of the Guerlain Meteorites?

Clarisse said...

What a beauty! Like BooBooNinja, I would tend to compare those Pétales de Rose to Metéorites'effect: what do you think?

kkc135 said...

You also gave a rave review of their HD powder. Am wondering, if you could only get one....which one would you choose? Thanks.

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, this is as beautiful as I imagined, happy sigh :)

Kate said...

Hi CG, thanks for the swatch! I've been waiting for this! :) Can't believe you ordered the second one! so jealous! :) It's so pretty! I'm afraid if I buy one, I might one the backup as well. haha-


Kate from
http://lovepassionmakeup.blogspot.com/