Wednesday, November 21, 2012

IT Cosmetics Hello Light Powder Illuminizer

My love affair with IT continues. Hello Light Powder Illuminizer ($24) grabbed my attention with its description, which left me with a "wow." Then I applied it. That elicited a double wow.

Anti-Aging Radiance Pressed Illuminating Powder With Hydrolyzed Collagen, Peptides, and Drops of Light Technology

How could something so pretty offer my skin such a bounty?  Even though IT Cosmetics says Hello Light is a colorless, translucent powder, on my skin it's a subtle golden illuminating sheen - much more exciting than colorless powder.

Natural radiance and a youthful, vitality-filled glow are just an airbrush away. An anti-aging powerhouse for naturally pretty, lit-from-within skin, this innovative formula is all about the look of vitality, radiance, and illumination without glitter or shimmer. The formula is infused with micronized pigments of light, plus skin-loving ingredients including peptides, hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed collagen, silk, and vitamins A, C, & E. It's free of all of the ingredients that make skin appear older or caked, such as talc.

Antioxidants hydrate, condition, and nourish your skin while warding off free radicals all day long. Even better for anyone who has combo or oily skin, the Hello Light Illuminating Powder absorbs oil and shine while blurring away the look of pores, and fine lines without settling in them. This powder is a perfect finishing step for the look of lift and illumination. The convenient compact makes it easy for you to brighten, hydrate, and awaken your skin all day long. You know how we get the drabs around 3:00.

I took photos of the powder in full sunlight. I swatched heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator,and then I applied the larger swatch with a kabuki brush (the larger swatch wasn't particularly heavy). With all due respect to my friends at IT Cosmetics, you'll see that Hello Light is anything but colorless. Check out my arm and you'll see the kind of divine glow this power provides.

Without any shimmer or glitter - as advertised - it lights up my face. The gold gives me warmth at a perfect time of year. I imagine it will do the same for those with warm-toned complexions, adding its golden glow.

It is translucent. You can see the always-clear veins in my skinny arms, but you can see the sheen it adds. No offense to the lovely reader who suggested in an e-mail that I might use the part of my arm closer to my elbow, like Karla Sugar used for swatches, to hide my veins. My arms look like this all the way to my elbow - a nurse's dream. They look like toothpicks. Sorry, gals, I just don't have enough flesh. I try to eat enough so that I don't look skeletal. Actually, I need to do some exercise for my abs, but I have no energy after dragging my bad knee and back around all day.

Enough about me. I love this illuminating powder! I have tested three of the products IT Cosmetics sent me, and I love all three. How on earth did I overlook IT for so long? I know you think, as I do, that beauty bloggers should be intimately familiar with all brands, so how could I have been "aware" of IT without realizing that the company makes fabulous makeup at an equally fabulous price point. I hear something new is in the mail to me, and I can't wait to show you.

Did I tell you about IT?  IT Cosmetics works with leading plastic surgeons to infuse cutting-edge anti-aging technology into innovative, high-performance color cosmetics. A favorite line of both celebrities and beauty editors, IT Cosmetics has several award-winning products and has been featured in hundreds of leading magazines and television shows. Also, IT Cosmetics was honored with the much coveted 2011 Cosmetic Innovator of the Year Award for "Most Innovative Company" by ICMAD, along with several other prestigious awards and Editor's Pick honors at leading prestige beauty magazines. Even more exciting, IT has partnered with the American Cancer Society’s Look Good, Feel Better program, and for every Brow Power pencil sold, one is donated to the LGFB program, to help women face the effects of Cancer with confidence. Their philanthropy makes me even more excited to explore their brand.

I don't usually assign scores to makeup - opinions are so subjective - but if I were to give Hello Light Powder Illuminizer a score, it would be an A+. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go outside and convince a woodpecker that the trim on my house is not fair game.

Photo at top courtesy of IT Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

19 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm so excited to get my order. I'm trying anti-aging vitality face disc -- includes contour powder. I may have to try it the hello light powder, too.

Charlestongirl said...

I have a whole list I want to try, Ellen! :)

Sherry B. said...

Ellen, I have the face disc and it is fabulous! I am amazed at the difference that it makes on older skin, like mine. It lights up my face in a way that truly seems to make a few years fall away and does it without a lot of OTT shimmer. I hope that you will love it as much as I do!

Gauri said...

♥♥♥ the illiminizer!!

Midwestern Mama said...

Thank you for posting. How do you the illuminating powder? As a finishing powder?

Evelyn said...

That is gorgeous! It really glows without glitter exploding all over you. I'm impressed that it controls oil too, I may have to look into it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sherry,

I can see I have much more to discover.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gauri,

Have you used it yet?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lizzy,

I use it wherever I want a pretty sheen. You can use it over your entire face if you are feeling festive.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

I knew that many of you would be interested in that feature.

DivaDebbi said...

OK Missy,
You have sold me again! I have been staying away from powder of any sort (except a baby finishing dust of Guerlains Metorites in a now discontinued color), because I don't like how powder grabbing into fine lines. This sounds heavenly. Your killing me....

xox
DD

DivaDebbi said...

Hi CG,
I love you, but you no one gets me to spend money faster than you! This sounds exactly what I am looking for to replace the last bit of my Guelain Meteorites. I have given up on powders since I think they gravitate to fine lines like a magnet. This sounds fab.
Thanks...I think!

xo
DD

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Wow that is a stunning highlighter--I'm in love!! I hadn't ever really heard of IT before either, but I really am dying to check out the brand now. I wonder how this highlighter compares to the Kevyn Aucoin Candelight one that I was considering picking up? I was all set to buy it but now I'm very curious about the IT one!! :P

cytaormina said...

Okay, I just placed an order for this illuminator. Thank you so much for featuring this.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Debbi, I think you'll love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca,

I have so little current KA makeup. I bought a bronzer last spring, then completely forgot to feature it. I had a lot of his makeup before he died.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi cytaormina! I hope you love it!

DivaDebbi said...

Hi CG,
I ordered it yesterday. They were having a special, it is coming with two eye illuminator pencils. The whole set was $39. Looking forward to trying it.

xo
DD

BooBooNinja said...

Gahhh. Is it crazy of me to keep this tab open just so I gawk at your swatches and photos from time to time? This is gorgeous!