Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Gleaming Lipgloss Set

Sephora's darling little Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Gleaming Lipgloss Set ($26) could be called bargain beauty. The set of five metallic, mega-shine, multidimensional lip glosses is a treat.

Inspired by Pantone’s 2013 Plus Series Metallic Book, this season is all about the rich gleam of rose gold, the chilled shine of silver, and the fiery glow of bronze. This collection of glamorous glosses provides pearlescent pigments in three-dimensional form: fantastic pop, brilliance, and shine. These glosses are hydrating, non-sticky, and packed with a variety of vibrant and subdued finishes. Containing a new generation of polymers, their advanced coating formula allows for a flexible veil that moves with lips for long, comfortable wear. The convenient, portable vials (read that ultra-tiny) are the perfect an on-the-go solution, leaving room for a library of shades in your makeup bag or purse.

I love these glosses. Like all of the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE makeup I've purchased, these little glosses will hold their own when compared to luxury lip glosses. Compare them in quality, and I think you'll find them competitive.

The photo showing them in their case is an illustration of a camera lens blinded by the white packaging. A clear top serves as the cover. As cute as it is, I had to ditch the packaging. I have little space left in my makeup bag or my bathroom.

The colors are Boysenberry, Magenta Haze, Bright Rose, Baked Clay, and Rose Dawn. Since the colors on my arm don't match the colors in Sephora's promotional photo at the top of this feature, I must have shuffled them a bit. Since the tiny square tubes aren't marked with their shades, you'll have to reference the packaging to know what's what. Each shade matches a Pantone color

Boysenberry, top left on my arm, is a stunning grape. I think that's Magenta Haze next to it. Bright Rose is under Boysenberry on my arm. It's pastel rose on the lips. Baked Clay is the stunning brown. Rose Dawn is the almost-clear shade that is the only shade at the bottom of my swatches.

Sephora says, "Be dazzled." I think I am. This Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Gleaming Lipgloss set will make a nice gift, if you can part with it. It's too cute.

As I'm sure you know, Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE collections are exclusive to Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

Running with Scissors said...

The Baked Clay! mmmmm

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

These Sephora+PANTONE UNIVERSE products seem to get really good reviews. I was a little unsure about Sephora brand products at first but now, I think I have to get my hands on something!! :P

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christy,

Baked clay? Are you referring to Sephora's baked shadows?

Charlestongirl said...

You do, Becca. I don't know who is making them for Sephora, but they are fabulous. I've got more to show you. If only I didn't have to work while the sun shines...

Evelyn said...

I'm pretty impressed with the Sephora-Pantone products. I didn't buy these glosses but I bought the shadow palette as a gift for my sister. I thought the colors were great but a bit better suited for her coloring than mine, then again I liked them so much I might get one anyway. It pays to take a second look at products from this line.