Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Barrett Beauty Collection Kaleidoscope Face Kit

While Dustin Lujan was unearthing buried treasure at the John Barrett Salon last week, he found some unsold Le Métier de Beauté Barrett Beauty Collection Kaleidoscope Face Kits ($95). Although the Barrett Beauty Collection is predominantly composed with classics from Le Métier de Beauté, it's a perfect Kaleidoscope for someone who wants a kit made of customer favorites.

You know I had to order one! The top level is the world-famous Refresh Eye Brightening and Setting Powder - something everyone should own and use. Refresh is a versatile product that gives a clean start to any eye look. It provides a healthy, bright canvass for any look you wish to create.
  • Lightweight powder sets concealer and illuminates the eye area for a radiant, smooth, matte finish.
  • Creates perfect upper lid canvas for eye shadow. Brightens area under the eyes.
  • Micronized pigments will not settle in fine lines or accentuate shadows.
  • Absorbs excess oils to create perfect canvas for makeup application.
  • Provides crease resistant, long-wearing coverage.
  • Suitable for all skin types.
The brown True Color Eye Shadow is Jojo. Everyone likes Jojo. As The Non-Blonde said, "Jojo is a perfect goes-with-everything neutral, so it might be time to give it the stage. Jojo is a warm sand color of medium intensity and a shimmery finish. It has a beautiful almost rosy cast that changes with the light and gives life and brightness to the eye area."

The Radiance Powder Rouge is Echo, a universally flattering blush shade with a hint of warmth. The Lip Crème on the bottom level is Barrett Beauty Peaches, clearly an exclusive to the salon.

This palette reminds me of the Flawless Kaleidoscope Face Kit because it offers colors everyone can wear. I took swatch photos in full, but very late afternoon sun - not ideal because it gives a very warm, sunset glow to everything, including my skin. I swatched all shades with a sponge-tipped applicator, presenting them top to bottom on my arm in the same order of the Kaleidoscope levels.

Refresh, as you can see, is flesh-toned. Jojo is a beautiful, shimmering bronze-brown that will light up anyone's look. Echo, applied very heavily here, is a beautiful warm shade that works on all skin tones. The light golden peach Barrett Beauty Peaches Lip Crème, perfects the look.

The Barrett Beauty Collection is perfect for travelers who don't want to carry a whole makeup bag. Just add foundation, mascara, and possibly eyeliner, and you'll have the essentials for an everyday look. It's also nice for those of us who stay put. It's a reach-for Kaleidoscope, one that could become a staple of your out-the-door, off-to-work look.

There may be a few of these Kaleidoscopes left at the John Barrett Salon. Give them a call at (212) 872-2714 to see if Dustin's found treasures are still available.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Sarah13 said...

Thanks for sharing this kit! It's definitely a perfect travel kit. I hope they have some left. I have never ordered from them over the phone, is the shipping pretty quick? I want to get one for a Christmas gift but want to make sure I get it in time. Love your blog!

lovethescents said...

Oh DROOL! This looks perfect, and you know we LOVE to travel. Sigh....

Ellen said...

ooo! just spoke with Dustin, who was as sweet as can be ... and one barrett face kit is on it's way to California!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I think it is wonderful!!! :D I am your newest follower!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sarah!

I heard from a reader this morning telling me she talked to Dustin and ordered it. Thanks for your kind words!

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents,

This might be a great Christmas present for you. Time to start hinting.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Ashesela, I hope you enjoy it here!

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, Dustin is one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet in beauty. I love him!

Anonymous said...

Hello I was wondering if you have any information on the new lip cremes and glosses I just saw on neiman Marcus's website available January 4th?

Charlestongirl said...

Can you please send me a link to the ones you are referencing? If I can identify them, I can get the info for you.

I know that a new Lip Kaleidoscope is coming out soon, named after Dr. Tina West.

Anonymous said...

They are called pink berry cream Moroccan sunset and Dulce de leche and the lipgloss names are coral rosé and pink epromise on the Neimans website. The Tina west lipkit I pre ordered already thanks to you. Thank you for your response.
Melissa