Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Snow Shimmer Makeup Palette in #2 for the Holiday Collection 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty has introduced two new limited-edition palettes for Holiday 2012. The two classic Face & Eye Palettes ($88) are offered in #1 and #2. Palette #2 is featured here. To see Palette #1, just scroll down. I purchased both palettes at Saks Fifth Avenue, where they had just arrived.

These beautiful limited-edition palettes feature an oval-shaped, black lacquered double-tiered case with a magnetic closure inspired by the Rouge d'Armani Lipsticks. On the first tier, you'll find a feather-light powder with micronized particles of Micro-Fil technology to illuminate the skin with the signature Armani glow. On the second tier, you'll find two eye shadows in soft hues and a shimmering illuminator - also formulated with Micro-Fil technology.

The Snow Shimmer Palette features a Face Shimmer Powder (shown at top of this feature) is paired with Light Grey Satin and Grey Satin Eye Shadows and Rouge Lip Wax for sophisticated winter style.

The palette looks dramatic on the compact. On the face, it's much more wearable than you might think. I'm thrilled with it. Let's get right to the photos because, I'll admit, I want to watch the election coverage (and I'm really tired from a few days of feeling "not so good.")

I took these swatch photos in full sun. I used a sponge-tipped applicator - even for the illuminating powder at the top of my arm, which is applied heavily.

The Snow Simmer Illuminating Powder looks white in the compact, and it looks white on my skin. You can see it at the top of my arm. Please remember that you will apply it with a fluffy brush, and you'll get an Armani glow with a snow white hue.

The two greys are, to my eye, as perfect as it gets. The silver grey eye shadow and the medium grey shadow coordinate beautifully for a shimmering eye look that offers the prettiest grey eye I've seen this year.

The Rouge Lip Wax looks red in the compact. Fear not, red phobes. It's a stunning rose on the lips. It's very sheer, which makes it extraordinarily wearable - for me. I always feel like I'm dressing up (a reference to childhood) when I try to wear red lipstick. I don't get that "leading with my lips" feel with this Lip Wax.

My conclusion about the two new Giorgio Armani Holiday Makeup Palettes? I think they are brilliant, fabulous, marvelous, stunning, and must-haves. There is one for neutral lovers and one with a little more color in traditional winter hues. Take your pick; I think you'll be happy.

You can find Armani's new palettes at Saks Fifth Avenue. I'm sure other stores must have received them. They have now made an appearance at Nordstrom online. Give the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site a few days, and they will appear there too.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a beautiful palette, I love the greys. Like you, I wanted to watch the election coverage until I saw the outcome, makes me sick. God help the USA.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

These are the prettiest greys I've purchased lately. They look SO GOOD on the eyes.

Midwestern Mama said...

This is a beautiful palette. Thank you for reviewing. I love your blog and thanks to you, I was able to order one of the new Chanel mascaras. Thank you! Do you ever do a best of or favorite list? Just curious. Thanks!

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
This is the palette I fell in love with as soon as I saw it: those greys!!!they look fabulous and you confort my feeling! I must buy it as soon as I can!
I thought of you watching the election on TV last night....and was hugely relieved to hear the good news this morning when I woke up: so happy and relieved to hear it's Obama! In 4 years'time he really must come to France and be our president: we do badly need someone like him!!!I'm not sure he would like that though...:-)

lovethescents said...

Lemming alert! Oh no!!! Am I doomed???

Yin said...

I just got these in the mail!!but mine has a lot of glitter on the highlighters.... It's just an overspray I guess, was it easy to remove? I really don't like it when they do that... I have a couple of Chanel blushes and highlighter I have not used bc of the glitter overlay :)