Saturday, November 24, 2012

M·A·C Glamour Daze Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb

Seriously? This is sold out? Now you know why I seldom feature M·A·C Cosmetics. I received this a few weeks ago, forgot to feature it, and now it's sold out online at Nordstrom and M·A·C. I'll bet you can find one in one of the stores if you're persistent. You'll have to be fast too. I found Superb available at Belk. Go!

As a necessary aside, there are other reasons I don't usually feature M·A·C. By the time the bloggers who feature M·A·C everything are finished, you seem to find the features boring. That's what my numbers tell me. Additionally, a lot of the makeup is too too for me. Anyone over 40 will understand what I mean by too too. Even so, now and then, M·A·C introduces one of those "to die for" products, and I jump.

I ordered M·A·C's Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb ($29) from the Glamour DazeCollection because I absolutely love M·A·C's Skinfinish products. I've never purchased one that disappointed me. In this case, Superb gave me a buyer's high when it arrived - ordered sight unseen.

Did I know it was going to be rose gold? Nope. I knew it would be a liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights, and models the face. The cool, creamy near-fluid formula creates a luminous, well-defined finish. Wears 10 hours. In limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging. That was its description.

I took swatch photos outside in the windy cold today. It's a good thing I didn't have goosebumps. I saw every hair on my arm sticking straight out. I swatched at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator, and I used a kabuki brush for the larger swatch below.

This illuminating powder is stunning in color, and it applies beautifully. I don't really get the near-fluid formula description - it's a creamy powder that adheres nicely. What makes it spectacular is its color.

I'm a rose gold addict, and I'm thrilled to have this new one in my collection. I hope you can find M·A·C's Glamour Daze Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb. It's worth the hunt.

Photo at top courtesy of M·A·C; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

EllenB said...

I really get a kick out of some of the things you say. "I saw every hair on my arm sticking straight out". I can imagine that! Great review! This is one I really want now that I've seen it swatched. I love MAC MSFs but currently do not own one. The MSF in "soft and gentle" is what I've been after and now this one. I bought a "soft and gentle" off ebay (trying to save $$) but I got a knock-off instead. Sent it back for refund. I will never do that again! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, C-G!

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, it was cold enough with that wind to make my whole body react. :)

Check out the eye shadows in this collection. Really pretty!

lov2read68 said...

I love your honest reviews! You aren't afraid to tell the good, the bad & the ugly! You made me laugh when you said that a lot of MAC is too too for you - totally understood what you meant!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Charlestongirl said...

I did, thanks, Lov2read! Hope yours was good too.

So far, I've been good about not spending. Well, there was a little slip up at NM, but it was such a great Sisley set. Plus, I got a $50 gift card for buying it.

Running with Scissors said...

glad you love your new product! xxx

Lucy said...

Very beautiful effect, but don't you find this level of shimmer hard to wear unless it's on the very smoothest of skin areas? Too bad they didn't have makeup like this when I was in my 20s.

Delacotta said...

This is why I've given up on MAC as well. Too many Limited Editions that are impossible to get. I'm done. Chanel takes much better care of me. : )

Anonymous said...

Super pretty. Really, really pretty. Although, sigh, it makes me frustrated. I'm just not a wait-up-all-night and jump on buying the latest MAC collection kinda gal. By the time I have finished pondering what I want the products are usually gone. Double-sigh, oh MAC!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Me either, BrazenBeauty! I don't understand their business model, but clearly it's working for them.

If only they could make each collection last for at least a month, I'd probably buy more.

Charlestongirl said...

Ditto, Delacotta!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lucy,

I am lucky in that I am not lined near my cheekbones - a place where you would normally use an illuminator like this. Try using one all around the hairline and jaw line to frame your face. Those areas are usually wrinkle-free.

The place where I find any kind of sheen or shimmer magnifying (in terms of probs) is the inner area of my eyelid, just above the crease on the inside near my nose. Crepiness makes everything look bad - except for Edward Bess's eye primer.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Christy. :)

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, what a beautiful rose gold--- that is a very pleasant surprise :)

Marta said...

Looks beautiful! So tempted.

Charlestongirl said...

It was to me, Dovey. I hadn't seen swatches, so I was thrilled!

Charlestongirl said...

Act quickly, Marta.