Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we have a lot to celebrate. Most of us. As we celebrate our holiday tomorrow, I'll be thinking about my blessings. I'm not as excited about a big meal as I am about having a Mom who is hanging in there (quite well lately), my 11-year-old baby Charlie, and a job. Yes, I think that those of us who have jobs should feel fortunate. I'm also grateful to have wonderful friends.

I'll be thinking about all of the people who lost their family members, homes, and possessions - basically everything - during Superstorm Sandy. I wish I could do more than just give money. If I were in the devastated areas, you can bet I'd be volunteering at the shelters for pets and giving away all the clothing I never wear. Kudos to Rachael Ray, who donated $500,000 to the ASPCA to open an emergency boarding facility for New York City pets displaced by Sandy - and to the many volunteers who continue to pour into the hard-hit areas to donate labor, materials, and the basics of life.

I'm also thankful for my wonderful readers - you. I hope you have a wonderful day and a safe weekend. 

Photo source at top lost; bottom photo courtesy of xrlq.com - click on it to enlarge and see that cat's gaze!

6 comments:

Sherry B. said...

A wonderful Thanksgiving to you, your mom, and the kitties, CG!

bisbee said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Thanks for that piece of information about Rachel Ray - she's not my favorite, but my opinion of her is now changed!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Sherry!

A wonderful holiday to you and your family and friends too! I hope you enjoy it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee,

When I found out what she did, I wanted to hug her. She is also providing all the dog and cat food too - from her own line of pet food. I decided that woman is a saint.

Brenda Penton said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Charlestongirl said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Brenda!