Monday, November 19, 2012

Chantecaille Lip Chic in Nocturne from Les Fêtes Collection for Holiday 2012

The last piece I have to show you from Chantecaile's Les Fêtes Holiday 2012 Color Collection is Lip Chic ($35) in Nocturne. Chantecaille's Lip Chic is a best-selling, highly emollient lip formula that offers the even coverage of a lipstick with the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss. Added collagen gives the lips a boost, leaving them fuller and with a decidedly more youthful appearance, without any irritation. Lip Chic is one of my favorite lipsticks. I wouldn't leave home without one. I've purchased a large percentage of the shades so I have one for every occasion.

Nocturne is one of those colors that surprises you. It looks cherry red in the tube. Right? Check out the swatches below and see one of the prettiest pinks you can imagine. I purchased it at Neiman Marcus and ran out the door without even trying it. Friday was a crazy busy day.I got home and found it was even more gorgeous than I expected.

I took my photos in full sun at the same time I photographed Brilliant Gloss in Glamour. I had expected a similar shade - particularly from the online swatch - but was thrilled with Nocturne. It's my kind of color. What did I do? I quickly went online and ordered more.

Just look this color! It's festive pink. On the warm side, it's a shade that will make many of us very happy - and look fabulous.

Since it's a holiday shade, it had to be photographed in front of a holly tree laden with berries. The top swatch photo shows the true color on the skin. The photo directly above shows how it will shine in strong lighting.

FacechartOn Chantecaille's Web site, Olivia's look for the lips was created by applying Nocturne Lip Chic directly to the lips, starting in the middle and working the color outward. Then, her lips were shaped with Impression Lip Definer, drawing from the edges inward. Her lips were finished with a liberal application of Glamour Lip Gloss for added shine. That's why they look so much darker than Nocturne.

The result? One of the prettiest lips for holiday I've seen so far.

Right now, you can purchase all pieces from Les Fêtes Holiday 2012 Color Collection, including Nocturne, at Chantecaille's Web site and Chantecaille counters where the holiday collection has arrived (call first before you leave home). I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, where you can call Jeannine Barnes, Chantecaille representative, at (202) 966-9700, extension 2289, for help. The collection is available in store and online at other Chantecialle retailers, such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. This collection is definitely worth a look.

Bottom photos courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Bellyhead said...

I have too many lipsticks to use up, but the Chantecaille lip chics are so pretty. Are they balmy or like a lip gloss, CG?

Charlestongirl said...

Hmm, Bellyhead, to my dry lips, they feel like a very creamy lipstick. Definitely not balmy or like a lip gloss. The color stays on too. :)

Jo said...

OMG - that is gorgeous! I'm off to order! Thanks for the swatches CG.

Clarisse said...

Amazingly gorgeous! This "Les Fêtes" Collection is a winner and Nocturne is the perfect finishing touch!
Thank you for reviewing it Charlestongirl and please, please, don't ever think of putting an end to your blog: we all NEED you, you know:-) Very big hugs:-)))

Lucy said...

What a lovely shade of lipstick! I enjoy your blog so much, CG! We are in the same age range and most of the products you feature are perfect for me. I deeply appreciate your work and wish you the very best Thanksgiving ever!

Lucy

Lucia said...

Dear Charleston girl,
Thanks for the review, I do love lip chics too, I only own three (Bourbon Rose, Sunrise and Capuccine), but Bourbon rose is my favorite! I have very pigmented lips. How similar is this Nocturnelle to Bourbon Rose, do you know?
Thanks,
P.d. I do like your blog about H.P. and agree, did not comment though..

Charlestongirl said...

You will love it, Jo.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Clarisse.

I think Nocturne is one of the best Lip Chics ever.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lucy. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lucia,

I will see if I can pull out Bourbon Rose. I have become fairly disorganized lately.

Rosemary said...

I really want to try something by Chantecaille, and this looks so very pretty. I have reds, mauve-tones, and corals, but a lovely pink seems to escape me. My lips are so dry right now, unless I go out, I've been wearing good old Carmex. lol.
Will put this on my wish list.

And please let me add my voice, CG, to the others asking you to stay with us and keep up the blog. I would truly miss you and all the gorgeous products (even if I can't afford to buy much).

xo

Christina said...

I have been so busy that I have not had time to read your blog. I am happy to visit and I love what you have been sharing.
I wanted to say hello :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Rosemary.

This blog requires expensive upkeep. As such, it's endangered. Some day soon, I may have to get real and figure out whether it should take precedence over retirement!

My lips and heels are the first harbingers of winter. I'm going through balm now at a fast clip. Lip colors do help, even if I have to put balm under or over them. Must have gooey lips!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christina! Thanks!

Midwestern Mama said...

Beautiful! Which do you love most? This one or Amor? BTW: Did you see the deal on the Armani site? 20 or 25% off.

BooBooNinja said...

Oh, Olivia Chantecaille is beautiful!
This looks to be a lovely lip product. I think I'll check it out the next time I'm by a Chantecaille counter.