Monday, November 12, 2012

Chantecaille Les Pétales de Rose - Updated

I hated the swatch photo of Chantecaille's Les Pétales de Rose ($74) that I had taken at sunset and featured last week. Les Pétales de Rose is a gorgeous finishing powder that adds a gleam to the skin. It deserved better. Today, with sunshine we didn't expect, I took more photos.

As I mentioned here, Chantecaille is donating a portion of its Web site sales to the people and animals most affected by Hurricane Sandy if you order before November 18. What a great time to purchase!

For today's swatch photo, I applied the powder heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm and fairly heavily with a kabuki brush below. I had full morning sun when I snapped my photos.

Now, you can see the pink properly - even if it is sheer and light. I hope you can see that Les Pétales de Rose leaves behind a sheen that's enormously flattering, like candlelight. This finishing powder will hold its own with any other elegant treasure.

Now, I feel better. The pink looks pink, and it didn't assume the warm colors of the setting sun.

I had said I would update my original feature, but I decided to give Les Pétales de Rose new space to make sure you would see the photos.

While all Chantecaille counters will offer Les Pétales de Rose, I hope you will take advantage of Chantcaille's offer to order online and help the people and animals most affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Rehab Builders said...

I have bought Chantecaille make up here in Charlotte, NC at a boutique called Potions. I bought it as a gift for my hairstylist. Pretty colors. I've never tried the product myself. I do love anything makeup and enjoy your blog. Erica.

Virginie said...

I appreciate your devotion, thank you!!! That makes a big difference for me...

Julia said...

Charleston girl: is there any glitter in the powder? I love makeup that adds sheen, but I don't like the way glitter looks on me. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rehab,

I'm not sure how you could give it away! :)

Thanks, Erica!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

Thanks. My first photos were so strange - with the flash as the sun was setting. These show it as it looks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Julia,

I don't see glitter at all, just a sheen that's divine.

lov2read68 said...

Not many bloggers would retake photos. They would explain away why the photos were off & move on. I know I don't post often but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your dedication to your readers & your attention to detail! On a side note - I was perusing blogs or twitter (don't remember which) & there was a pic of the new shark palette. DH noticed & thought it was cool until I told him the price : P But he was impressed that a makeup company was committed to philanthropy! Baby steps, right?

Kate said...

So pretty! I love the compact. I also like that their ad says they're donating money to help both people and animals affected by Sandy.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is so pretty. Do you think it would work well on oily skin? I have that issue with similar products. They would make my pores look even larger and make my t-zone super shiny/oily.
Thank you

elle said...

This looks stunning! I've never purchased a Chantecaille product but this might just make me take the plunge!

Beta said...

Thank you so much for this! I know it's hard to get the right color and texture of makeup to show up on camera and really appreciate your efforts. This is an amazing highlighter that won't overpower one's makeup. I think it's a must have for makeup lovers.