Monday, November 19, 2012

IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush

IT Cosmetics' Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Natural Anti-Aging Lipstick Stains take the place of four products; your lipstick, anti-aging conditioning lip balm, ultra-hydrating lip gloss, and lip stain all in one.

This innovative, all-natural formula contains IT Cosmetics Hydra-Luxe Technology, which includes ingredients such as plum oil, cherry oil, shea butter, aloe, and jojoba - all working together to treat, hydrate, condition, and nourish your lips and minimize the appearance of lip lines and wrinkles. Plus Vitality Lip Flush is packed with anti-aging antioxidants, including vitamins A, C, and E; açaí; and green and white tea to protect the lips and ward off free radicals all day long.

I was the lucky recipient of two shades that IT sent me to try: Je Ne Sais Quoi and Love Story. Love Story is shown at the top of this feature.

When I first opened Je Ne Said Quoi, my first thought was, "Oh, nice lip balm in a pretty case (love the pink)." It looked colorless, so I was surprised to see that it actually carries a very slight pink color. I took my swatch photo in full sun, and you can definitely see the baby pink. I was surprised by how good it feels on my lips the moment I applied it.

Then I tried Love Story, shown at my house below. Love Story appeared to be a warm pink in the tube. It was later in the day (late-afternoon sunshine) when I photographed Love Story. Sorry about the shadows. That's when I learned that it's a brilliant medium pink with just a hint of warmth.

Love Story does carry much more pigment than Je Ne Sais Quoi, and the most amazing thing is that the color on my lips is amazingly long-lasting. I assume that's why it's called a stain. I would never have expected the long-lasting color from a product that looks and feels like balm.

I'm just as enamored with IT Cosmetics as I was when I tried Vitality Cheek Stain. I have a new dual-duty lip balm/lip color in my purse, and her name is Love Story.

As I mentioned last week, I'm always excited to discover a new-to-me brand - one that knocks me off my feet. IT Cosmetics did that. Even better, their Friends & Family sale runs through Monday, November 19. You can take 25% off your purchase. I'll be shopping. Right now, Vitality Lip Flush costs only $15.

Photo at top courtesy of IT Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Suselew said...

This is by far my favorite IT Cosmetics product. I bought the entire set when it was available on QVC. I'm not a fan of IT Cosmetics face products (except for blush) because everything is yellow-toned which does not work well on my cool-toned skin. However, these lips stains, blushes and brushes are excellent quality.

Ellen said...

Thanks CG! I am ordering from the IT Cosmetics site, and I ordered a blush and brush from QVC. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

My husband NEVER, but NEVER, notices what kind of makeup I'm wearing or comments on it. But I purchased the set of 3 iT Cosmetics "Vitality Lip Flushes" from QVC and one day, while I was wearing "Je Ne Sais Quoi," he remarked, "Wow, that lipcolor looks pretty on you!" You could have knocked me over with a feather. Turns out you can discover new things about your partner after being married for 30 years!

Sherry B. said...

I have "Je Ne Sais Quoi" and absolutely love it! Hmmm.....looks like I need "Love Story", too.....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Suselaw,

They sent me a pretty gold luminizing powder. Take a look and see if the tone can work for you. I will post it this week.

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, I hope you got a good price at QVC. I hate paying for shipping there.

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, MamaVal. Just wow. He noticed an almost-clear pink?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sherry,

You were all way ahead of me in noticing IT!

BooBooNinja said...

This is so pretty! I'm off to track down a local supplier of IT Cosmetics. Your review on the Hello Light Powder Illuminizer also made my head turn.

BooBooNinja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlestongirl said...

Hey BooBo,

I am beyond frustrated with CATPCHA. Google doesn't seem to give a rat's patoot. An expert told me on the Blogger forum that spammers have become so clever, Google had to make it even harder. I am fit to be tied. You are not the first to tell me she gave up.

Charlestongirl said...

BooBoo,

Keep in mind that I got four comments from you. I had to approve them because this feature was "old." That's a setting I set up to prevent more nasty reaction to the Petraeus post.

BooBooNinja said...

Thanks for putting up with my multiple posts. It's my birthday soon, so I'll make it one of my birthday cake candle wishes that spammers and trolls stay away from your comments.

*hug*