Friday, November 16, 2012

Chantecaille Les Fêtes Trio for Holiday 2012 - Swatched

Finally, I have my hands on Chantecaille's limited-edition Les Fêtes Trio ($74). I'll tell you a confessional story about it below. For now, focus on the festive shades.

Chantecaille characterizes these eye shadows as having a high percentage of pearls and micronized pigments that create pure color and eye-catching shimmer. They provide liquid-like shine and light to instantly brighten the eye area. With their weightless, oil-absorbing and easily buildable formula, they should suit everyone.

The mirrored, limited-edition palete contains a tiny dual-ended sponge applicator for times when you don't have a brush handy. The outside of the gunmetal grey case has a snazzy pattern that will make your new palette stand out among the others in your collection.

The shades are all illuminating on the eyelids. They capture and reflect light, and will be perfect for your holiday parties. Moonstone on the left is described as a soft pearl color with hints of pink and gold. Diamond is called a silvery slate hue infused with diamond-dust sparkle. Pink Sapphire is a radiant, effervescent rose that can be used on lids or cheekbones.

I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full, afternoon sunshine. On my arm, you'll see Moonstone at the top, Diamond in the middle, and Pink Sapphire on the bottom.

On my skin, Moonstone is an icy pink. It provides a sheen that can be worn with the other shades in the palette or many other eye shadows in your makeup bag. Diamond is a chameleon. In bright lighting conditions, Diamond appears to be a super-sparkly grey-brown. In other conditions, you can see a hint of lavender or mauve, giving the shade a complexity that's stunning. My camera picked that up - even in bright sunshine. I'm surprised. To my eyes while I was snapping these photos, the shade looked more grey.

Pink Sapphire is a medium-toned, ever-so-slightly warm pink. Although pinks can be hard for me to wear, this one looks good. It's brightening on my eyes and glorious on my cheeks. I've even tried Moonstone at the top of my cheekbones, using it as a highlighter, and it's stunning.

One more thing about the shades. I find Diamond's glittery "look out of character" for Chantecaille. It successfully pushes the boundaries I expect from the company's makeup - colors that will take you anywhere. You'll find you have to build the color to realize its promise. On the first pass with a brush, you may see only tinted glitter. Continue to build the shadow, and you'll achieve the color that makes it so pretty.

Here's my ditzy confession. I thought I had ordered Les Fêtes Trio from Chantecaille's Web site. My box came, and I didn't open it until I could get outdoor photos. Was I surprised when I opened it, expecting to dash outside with it! Inside the box was my third Les Pétales de Rose. I must have been multitasking when I ordered. I quickly called my favorite stores and found that the entire new holiday collection had arrived at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, so I bounded over there to buy it. I had little spare time, but I was not going to go without Les Fêtes Trio another day. Am I disappointed to have three Les Pétales de Rose compacts? Not a bit! I adore it.

You can purchase Chantecaille's Les Fêtes Trio for Holiday 2012 at Chantecaille's Web site, and it should be at all Chantecaille counters soon. I believe it's available at select Saks stores, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdales - all in addition to Neiman Marcus.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

lovethescents said...

Oh HOW beautiful! I also really like that only 3 colours are in the palette. I often find myself using only three anyway. Lemming, Charlestongirl, you always do that!

Now as for your third Petales, you're going to start using it as a body powder, I'm certain!

Enjoy :-)

Lucy said...

Love the mother of pearl effect on these, and the sparkly one. So beautiful and very holiday.

Unknown said...

Lovely shades - So beautiful in your pictures.

Lisa said...

I snapped this up so fast when i swatched it at Neiman's. Absolutely fabulous! Your terrific pictures do not capture the glorious dimension to this holiday grey. It was a must have for this lover of allthingspewter! Thanks for the post

Charlestongirl said...

Nope, Lovethescents, it may take me give years to use them on my face, but I will. :)

Charlestongirl said...

They are, Lucy. The trio put me in the holiday spirit.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, JEM!

Charlestongirl said...

Totally agree, Lisa. No camera can translate the life in these shadows. Glad you got them.

Midwestern Mama said...

Thank you for swatching. It is a beautiful set. Do you think it's too sparkly for everyday wear? I'm considering picking up the Elephant Pallet or this one and need to decide! Thanks!

memoiselle said...

Diamond is my favorite shade from this trio. I haven't had any Chantecaille and this might be a good one to start with.

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
What a gorgeous festive palette! Les Pétales and this one are really wonderful:-)
Have a beautiful week-end everyone!Hope you can have a good rest Charlestongirl:-)

EllenB said...

These eyeshadows are absolutely gorgeous. They are the prettiest sparkly, shimmery, glittery, I don't know what-ey, eyeshadows I have ever seen! What would you call the luminescence they put out? Your swatches are perfect. It's a shame these are out of my price range. But they look like they are really worth the price!

Charlestongirl said...

Lizzy,

If you are looking for a great day palette, go with the elephants. For day, I can only wear the two pinks in this one.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi memoiselle, make sure to build the color to get that pretty look.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Clarisse. Chantecaille's holiday collection is gorgeous. I seem to be hoarding it.

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, I don't know how to qualify luminescence. Illuminating?

Midwestern Mama said...

Thank you!