Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tarte Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection

Tarte's Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection ($42) caught my eye during Sephora's V.I.B. sale. It caught my credit card too. The achiote-infused blush and lip tint trio arrived and rewarded me for ordering it.

Get a healthy dose of color with this blush and lip trio infused with pigments and ingredients derived from the Amazon. Tarte’s most recent finding from their rain forest travels is achiote, a secret amongst Brazil’s beautiful women, is known for the honeysuckle shade produced from the seeds of the fruit it bears. With natural pigments derived from this “lipstick tree,” the warm, shimmering golden pink shade is universally flattering.

This three-piece set of beautifully coordinated includes:
  • 0.10 oz LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Achiote (shimmering golden pink),
  • 0.2 oz Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote, and
  • 0.12 oz Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Achiote.
I took swatch photos in full sun. I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply the blush heavily at the top of my arm. I applied the two lip products straight from their tubes. The Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss must be primed by clicking to drive the product up into the blush. I was afraid my thumb muscle would be irritated from all the clicking. It took way over 50 clicks to prime the brush. I think that's extreme. Of course, it has nothing to do with the gorgeous color.

The pink-peach Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote at the top of my arm will add warmth - a much needed addition for many of us in the winter months. The LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Achiote, shown in the middle, is drop-dead gorgeous. More pink than peach, it adds a shiny warmth that's lip luscious.

My delight continued when I finally forced the Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Achiote into the brush so that I could try it. The coral shade, the bottom swatch, looks great with my cool-toned skin. This coral has enough pink in it that it's extremely flattering. Gals with warm-toned skin will find it a natural.

I'd recommend this set to anyone. If you weren't scouring Sephora for bargains during the sale, you'll have to pay full price now. I think it's worth it.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Sherry B. said...

Such a pretty shade! I really like Tarte's makeup.

grlnxdor said...

It's beautiful and it's going on the ever expanding Christmas wish list!

Charlestongirl said...

I love Tarte, Sherry. Great company, great makeup.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi grlnxdor,

Make sure your list holders know that this one could sell out.

Anonymous said...

I saw an ad for this last week and wondered if it was too coral for me. This confirms it is, but I did enjoy reading the review.

Charlestongirl said...

I love it, Maureen, and I am NOT a coral person.