Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Tumulte for Summer 2012

Yesterday, when my three new Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes ($43, Joues Contraste Fards à Joues Poudre in French) arrived, despite the late hour, I was able to snap some photos of Tumulte (#70). A new shade for  Summer 2012, Tumulte is a pure, cool pink, one that provides a whisp of color perfect for wear now.

Chanel's unique powder blusher, a favorite for many of us, offers buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic, and imparts a flattering radiance to the cheeks. The remarkably silky texture ensures easy application and blending. Applied high on the cheekbone, or near the eyes, it instantly lifts and softens the face for a youthful look. Tumulte couldn't be more perfect for that highlighting lift.

I can't tell you the shade of Tumulte is unique. It's a gorgeous pink - one you should consider if you need a new pink blush. If you are a Chanel addict, then, of course, you will need it. I did, even though a thorough search would turn up any number of lookalikes at my house. Why look? I wanted it.

For my swatch photos, I applied Tumulte heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm, and I applied it fairly heavily with a dense blush brush below. Tumulte is very light and sheer when applied properly, so I knew it would take a heavy application to show you the shade in swatch photos.

Just to prove that Tumulte's not the shade of my dreams - the subject of Please Make This Blush! - I took a photo in front of the redbud tree. Tumulte is a cool pink, but it doesn't have the lavender that make the blossoms unique. Tumulte's pink is pure, without a trace of lavender, peach, or brown.

If you compare these swatch photos to the other new Chanel Malice (scroll down), you'll see that the colors are entirely different. Malice is warm. Tumulte is cool. Both are, in my opinion, lust-worthy. They offer a welcome gleam, not a sparkle, to my cheeks.

The formula is fabulous. You can swirl the brush around on the color without flying powder - no mess in the compact and no potential fall-out on your cheeks. I can build the color easily, without any cakey effect on my cheeks. It's a 100% win.

I purchased all of my new Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes at Chanel's Web site. They are also available online at Nordstrom. I haven't been to a store in days, but I suspect they are arriving at all the Chanel counters. Perhaps I should go shopping!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

lovethescents said...

Wow that is pretty. As much as I'm liking my Tarantino Carved Rose blush, I'm wondering if I should have waited for the Chanels. This is incredibly beautiful....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

It is very pretty. Enjoy what you have. There will always be something new and gorgeous on the horizon. :)

lola seicento said...

Ohhhh so pretty!! I have a real weakness for Chanel JC blushes- I still have and use Narcisse (the Euro and the US formulas) and the old Oink Explosion. I must go see this and the the new Pink Explosion!! YOu pictures are spectacular!

lola seicento said...

What a careless, albeit funny typo--Oink Explosion is pretty Miss Piggy, but not so much Chanel :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Too funny, Lola!

I plan to post photos of Pink Explosion tomorrow. It's bright.

Hummingbird5 said...

Oh my...I think I'm going to need both. Thank you for the most helpful swatches, Charlestongirl. I'm a new reader and so enjoying your blog.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for reading, Hummingbird!