Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

You don't have to be Irish to celebrate St. Patrick's Day; everyone can be Irish today. Just because! Do you want to wear green or go green? St. Patrick's Day may be a good day for a green choice. Here are some ideas for you if you choose to go green - all featured here in the past. These are organic and natural beauty products that have earned their place in my life.

John Masters, Amazon Beauty (Rahua), and WEN hair care products are natural choices to make your hair healthy and shiny. You can find them at their own sites and at Beautorium, New London Pharmacy, and QVC, respectively.

Try MELVITA skin care. Founded in Ardèche, France by beekeeper and biologist Bernard Chevilliat in 1983, Melvita (meaning "honey and life" in Latin) has always been a passionate advocate for the complete organic lifestyle. Check out the many MELVITA options at SkinStore.com.

Looking for fragrance? How about Kō Denmark Organic Jasmine + Neroli Roll-On Perfume for pure jasmine and neroli oils combined to create a heavenly fragrance. Or Ambre Blends, unique essential oils with an amber base for a sultry sophistication? How about one of Mandy Aftel's gorgeous scents, which you can find at Aftelier Perfumes?

Alima Pure is offering a 20% discount on green eye shadows and green eyeliners to celebrate the day. You'll receive bonus samples of D'Oro and Gold Dust with each green order.

Kiehl's Organic Açaí Skin Care Collection The four-product line is everything you would expect from Kiehl's and more. It's Ecocert and Gold Cradle-to-Cradle certified.

My favorite U.S.-made olive oil is made by McEvoy Ranch. Just in case you aren't a "foodie," McEvoy Ranch makes some of the best olive oils on earth. They are certified organic - not simply great, but award-winning.

Definitely try McEvoy's 80 Acres skin- and body-care products enriched with McEvoy Ranch estate-produced pure, organic olive oil. Morningside and THANN are two more of my favorite natural skin-care brands.

Don't forget the Green Grab Bag, your source for natural, organic, and vegan beauty sampling.

You won't find yourself sacrificing elegance for purity when you use these products. They are luxury defined. Want to add your own favorites in the comments?

I think going as green as possible is more important than wearing green one day out of the year. Nevertheless, I'll be wearing green today. I have a smattering of Irish blood in me!

Update: Look at this gorgeous green tie Jason Layden, Tom Ford rep at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, was wearing today! I had to snap a photo of the chrysanthemum pattern in the store, so it's a little dark. I'd love to have a scarf in this pattern!

Photo at top courtesy of Julian Powell. You could follow the little darling at Facebook.

3 comments:

Nemo said...

I love Burt's Bees products. I have used up countless bottles of their skin toners. Meanwhile, I like the 80 acres site, but I have a Question. I am always looking for green facial cleansers. Does 80 acres make one or am I missing it? Maybe one would use the bar soap. Please advise! Thanks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Nemo. Burt's Bees products are extremely popular. I tried the lip balms, but wasn't impressed.

For a green cleanser, you MUST try John Masters Linden Blossom Face Creme Cleanser. I featured it a few months ago at http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/12/john-masters-organics-linden-blossom.html.

Lauren said...

I love your green posts, please post more! Do any other companies do monthly beauty-bags? would love to try. Also have you tried any of the natural dry oils, like Rodin, Vered, and Yuli? Those are getting popular but I wanted to get your take.