Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Givenchy Le Prisme Blush Bucolique in Bucolic Poppy from the Instant Bucolique 2012 Spring-Summer Collection

Last week, I showed you Bucolic Rose from Givenchy's Instant Bucolique 2012 Spring-Summer Collection. I was holding out on you - mostly because of limited time. Today, I end the series featuring the Instant Bucolique Collection with Bucolic Poppy ($49), appropriately named for a poppy that blooms around Memorial Day.

When I ordered Bucolique Poppy at Sephora online, I assumed it would be red-toned, but I was clueless, given the little swatch of color online. I ordered on faith. My faith was rewarded.

Bucolic Poppy is a pigmented rose-colored blush. It's a gorgeous shade that is predominantly rose, but with just a hint of closet coral. With my fair skin, I have to apply Bucolic Poppy very lightly, but when I do, it's glorious.

It's interesting to me that the compact, shown above, with its expansive background of light pink, produces such an intense rose. For these swatch photos, taken in full sun, I applied Bucolic Poppy heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm and with a dense blush brush below. As usual, I over-applied the blush to get good photos of the color, but I'd never wear Bucolic Poppy this intense. Someone with chocolate skin could - and would look heavenly.

I'm always smitten by rose blushes. This one is one of the prettiest of the new season. I love the color. Applied properly, it makes me look alive, it's flattering to my skin tone, and it reminds me of the saying that originated with Bobbi Brown or her super-rep Tia Hebron, "People are nicer to you when you wear blush." That has become one of my favorite lines. I've tested it and agree. Is it because we look happy with colorful cheeks?

Le Prisme Blush Bucoliques are produced through a new compaction process that allows a gradation in color harmony reinforced by a higher concentration of sparkling nuggets in the bottom of the pan. Honestly, I'm not sure I understand the sunken sparkling nuggets described at Sephora, but the blushes are so nice, I'm not sure I care.

The top level of the compact features the blush, and the pull-out bottom level houses a brush. Givenchy Le Prisme compacts aren't bargain priced, given their size. If you can get past that, I think you'll love them.

Sephora is the exclusive retailer for Givenchy these days. That's where I bought Le Prisme Blush Bucoliques. If Bucolic Rose looked too light/pastel for you, Bucolic Poppy is your shade. Try it!

Givenchy's Instant Bucolique 2012 Spring-Summer Collection is one of the most exciting Givenchy collections I've purchased in years. I'm revved. Check out the collection at Sephora, the exclusive retailer in the United States.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty, except for the poppy, courtesy of guardian.co.uk

11 comments:

time4beauty said...

Oh, i have this one too! It is so bright and so beautiful. I had a little issue when just started to use - picked too much pigment at once and couldn't blend well. But from several applications I think I got used to it.

Dafne Ortiz said...

Bucolic poppy is the prettiest!!! Love this blush, it is my first Givenchy product ever but as soon as I walked to the Givenchy counter I knew I had to have it. I have a medium dark skin and this blush makes my face look alive! Have a great Tuesday CG!!! From Mexico, Dafne.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Time4Beauty!

Yes! You must be careful with this one if you have fair skin. Once you get the technique, it's gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Dafne, I knew that medium-to-dark skin types would adore it. You don't have to be as careful with the color as I do.

Glad to hear you're reading in Mexico! That country never shows up on my Google map of readers. I've always wondered why. I know many Mexican citizens are bilingual (I sure wish I were!). Thanks much for letting me know!

lov2read68 said...

This is gorgeous! I think the Rose you showed previously would be better on my fair skin. But this color just screams "Spring"!

Charlestongirl said...

I agree, Lov2read, if you look at it objectively, Bucolic Rose is the best shade for fair skin types. Anyone looking to buy just one should consider what's best for her skin tone.

I'm just a rose addict, and when I saw that Poppy compact, I knew it was going to have to be mine. :) It's makeup lust.

yesplease1816 said...

thank you so much Charleston Girl! Although I do kinda wish I had just ordered the Bucolic Rose instead of waiting to see the swatches of Bucolic Poppy to decide because now I'm completely torn! I was scared that Bucolic Poppy would lean too red and bring out the redness on my nose and cheeks but your swatches look so beautiful! I wish I could just get both like you did and have the problem solved :)

Lisa said...

I've got to have this! I have been enjoying the limited edition chanel blush for this season, and this looks amazing as well!

lovethescents said...

Thank goodness you swatched this for me....it looks so different than the colour in the pan. Definitely not what I need as I'm up to my eyebrows (haha) in corals. Love that you call it closet coral :-)

Evelyn said...

Now have a dilemma, this one or the Rose? I think I can do both, I just don't have a fondness for coral leaning shades. Something pleasant to contemplate while I try to shrug off a cold! hehe

Cindy's Societal said...

Oh gosh, this is amazinggggg!! There are no Givenchy counters near me but I hope you enjoy it! :) You are right, its a happy colour!